Decades Feeder Bracket - 1995 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, September 21, 2017, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well, you have whittled down the songs I don't like to just one.  And it is a song I loathe with all of my being.  Of course, that means it will win and I will have to sweat it in the final Decades Bracket.  But that's in the future.  For now, we have the Final 4 songs from 1995.  I am kind of surprised that Run Around took out Wonderwall.  Now we're left with an odd stylistic pairing between Bush and Blues Traveler.  In the other match, a song I thought would stomp through the landscape, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, looks as if it is going to fall to a true monster, Only Happy When It Rains.  Shirley Manson and crew have destroyed their two opponents.  Bald Billy best beware.  Have at!

The 5/9

The 2/11

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Nooooo!!! It Huuuuurts!

I like all four songs.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Exactly the response I am always shooting for.  Thanks, Stagger!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Well, there's one left I'm not a big fan of. So of course that one will win
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys