PC Game Covering The Crusades?

Started by Gusington, July 20, 2017, 08:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

That looks kind of interesting....

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Raied

Quote from: Nefaro on July 22, 2017, 09:43:08 AM
Quote from: Raied on July 21, 2017, 03:38:41 AM
The king's crusade is decent its fun for few hours only. I can suggest you a Northern Crusade if it interests you: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusade http://store.steampowered.com/app/202860

The developer folded before they finished patching it, unfortunately.

Had such potential, too.  :-\

Yes, actually I like the tactical battle system much better than Total War games, it was slower and seems more realistic, the first warfare game was my favorite medieval tactical game ever, unfortunately the campaign added later was mediocre, and developers abandoned the game really soon, hence never improved.

Skoop

I can't believe there's not a total conversion mod covering the crusades for both total war Rome or Attila.  Have you tried poking through the mod forums at the main total war site ?

Nefaro

Quote from: Skoop on July 24, 2017, 10:47:57 AM
I can't believe there's not a total conversion mod covering the crusades for both total war Rome or Attila.  Have you tried poking through the mod forums at the main total war site ?

There was at least one in the works.  But those big conversion mods tend to take years before they're finished.  If they even get there.

EDIT:  It's for Attila and was nowhere near release last I checked.  Was listed on TW center forums.

Gusington

I peruse Steam and TWC every now and then but haven't seen a Crusades mod in a long time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on July 20, 2017, 08:20:07 PM
I can't go home again  :'(

...I tried to play the Medieval 2 Total War Crusades campaign yesterday and just couldn't do it. The graphics were just too dated and I've played it probably 100 times.

So, are there any other games out there you can recommend that cover the Crusades? I already own Crusader Kings 2, Stronghold 2 and Age of Empires HD. None of them really grab me. But I am jonesing for a tactical level game (hopefully with a strategic campaign layer) on the Crusades, if one exists.

Any suggestions?

Not for PC, but Infidel! Is a Men of Iron (which has a nice Agincourt at least) might be a good boardgame representation.  I must admit, I found it curiously unispiring.  I think there are some other medieval boardgame systems that have some crusade battles.  Which reminds me that I hope to be inspired by Arquebusier! if it ever comes out.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Raied

Oh yes and there is always Field of Glory Field Oath of Fealty add on.

gameleaper

http://digitalgameworks.com/index.php/vengeance/

if you look at the list of units, it says infantry crusader , so I'm assuming were in crusade land here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on July 24, 2017, 08:06:58 PM
^Is there solitaire play?

I only played Agincourt and Courtrai where there are no Infidels (or only infidels?).  The system is pretty simple.  You could devise priorities for
the different commands and roll for order of movement and other activities.

Gusington

Thanks guys, some interesting stuff in the last three posts.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd