Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

I have a port but it's apparently too small to field any ship I can build. :/

Is there any way to see at a glance what resources my nation produces?  Cattle, hemp, salt etc?

MetalDog

Yes.  Atop the mini map in the bottom right corner, there are a dozen or so overlay options.  Second row, second one in.  Something to consider is having a basic idea how trade and buildings work.  Many of the buildings you build produce something: Cattle, Coal, Wine, etc.  Other buildings use resources and will import them from one territory away if they are not locally produced (although, I think range is or can be extended, but the premise is correct).  If you have a building that uses that resource as a Bonus resource, you will get the bonus.  However, if you have a building that uses that resource as a Bonus, and it isn't produced in that territory and is not being imported to satisfy another buildings resource requirement, you will be penalized the amount of the bonus.  Any of that make sense?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

MetalDog

Huw the Poo

If I submit my turn, can I re-submit as long as it hasn't ended, Dominions Llamserver style?

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on October 14, 2019, 11:25:10 PM
My apologies fellows.  I am in as Belgae.  Turn sent.

Hey MD, the server is showing that you haven't actually completed your turn....  ??? Hold your cursor over the number of players in the MP game screen and it will show who's done or not.

Speedy

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 16, 2019, 11:39:21 AM
If I submit my turn, can I re-submit as long as it hasn't ended, Dominions Llamserver style?

No, but if you save the turn you can go back in to finish.
Be aware though if you save the turn then forget to go back and finish it before the turn rolls over I believe it doesn't execute any of the orders you gave before saving.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on October 16, 2019, 02:23:33 PM

Hey MD, the server is showing that you haven't actually completed your turn....  ??? Hold your cursor over the number of players in the MP game screen and it will show who's done or not.

Stop picking on my team-mate, we are also waiting on your team-mate as well!!!!  :crazy2:

Barthheart

JasonPratt

Well, not real fast tonight! -- the connection to the Matrixlitherine server has been spotty, though that might be my local fiber optic service which has been often schizophrenic while installations continued over the past several months in this area.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on October 16, 2019, 02:23:33 PM

:-[ sent

Huw the Poo

Sorry guys, I was expecting an email announcing the new turn, or at least a Steam notification.  Silly me.  ::)

Barthheart

Yeah, it's weird that there is no notification system...  ???

JasonPratt

Barth, did we get notifications from PBEM++ back when we were playing Decisive Campaigns against each other? I can't recall...  ??? Part of my brain seems to remember that vaguely, and the rest of my brain says it definitely doesn't remember that happening.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!