Star Trek Frontiers

Started by Nefaro, December 01, 2015, 11:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Hmm. Well since it was WizKids, I was thinking it might be on Amazon, but oh well if not. I'd love to have this, but I already have several UNOPENED frikkin board games that are crying for attention.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Mirth,

I have many games. It is known. As I am a game reviewer, and game reviewers are whores for games, we tend to collect a lot of them.

The thing is, I actually write reviews for the games I receive/buy.

Cough.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

To be fair, I'm a bit behind.

On reviews.

But not like...yeah. Ha!  O:-)

bbmike

It's Star Trek. I may have do a review for it here.  :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

PanzersEast

Ricky showing off Star Trek Frontiers..... on my pre-order list even though my BGing has suffered over the past couple of months.

Nefaro

It's in stock at CSI right now.

Hell.. I still have plenty of replay life left in the game this is based on so will put this off as long as possible.  If I didn't already have the MK one, I'd be all over it.

bbmike

Received notice that mine shipped! Can't wait to try it.  :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

PanzersEast

Have my copy setup and ready to play.....

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 06, 2016, 07:39:46 AM

PE

I'm guessing the components are the same quality as the base Mage Knight game, too?  Albeit with those damn stock TV photos on the cards, instead of actual artwork.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on July 06, 2016, 08:46:57 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on July 06, 2016, 07:39:46 AM

PE

I'm guessing the components are the same quality as the base Mage Knight game, too?  Albeit with those damn stock TV photos on the cards, instead of actual artwork.

Minis - are very good, I dig the Borg Cubes
Cards - feel a grade below the MK cards to me
Tiles - they are about the same as MK, however not as easily distinguishable on some of the locations
Box - for sure a downgrade from MK, still has a great insert, but box is thin
Dice - about the same
Data Crystals - again about the same quality, and I though the MK was just ok

Overall not bad, but not an upgrade from MK.... the box is the biggest issue I have so not too bad overall.

I am working on a website for faction specific random away missions.  Just testing right now.

PE

bbmike

I won't be able to get my copy until next week.  :-\
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak