Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 19, 2018, 01:43:50 AM
So how do you get charcoal?

I got money. I played Dice. Got more money. But everytime I go to where the charcoal is, the only option showing is to steal it (rob). I can't talk to the guy to see how much the charcoal costs or haggle - so I don't know if it's because I don't have enough coin. How much is the charcoal?

I can't believe I don't have enough money because I've read online other people getting back the tools and axe and selling them - which is what I've done.

I'm back - again - flinging shite at that f***ing house

in my case:  first i got a severe beating by the axe-'owner' alone so i went to the friends had to do the prank so that they helped me beat up the axe owner who gave in, i took axe, and  hammer nails from now open trunk and sold it at the market, bought 10 charcoal iIRC for 0.4 a piece at the charcoals-guy helper  (a market merchant also has charcoal to offer)

JD, if you want to stay a do-gooder, in your house are lots of apples and vegetables you can take them and sell some of it if you are just short of a few missing coins     

the game get very immersing later, and i didn't want to spoiler but it is not for the faint of heard, or someone in a emotional crisis, when you trace your way back to the village you flee from
well, looting a field of half-decomposing slain orks in fantasy middle earth, or people in über-fantasy Witcher3 is one thing, but this his history reenactment...
...it is as medieval as it gets! and very touching.

as some one who lives between a small castle and a small monastery in RL and of course were interested in my local history, the tiny villages i have seen in-game are spot on, only the travel distance between the spots seem to be a little to short.

btw: i use the save mod after an achievement or maybe 1 hour of play when there was none.
also i did a test to break a lock (easy) at a tower because i need to get some clothes to disguise as a Tannenberg warden
i saved at the lock and i did maybe 30 ! retries (save reloads) to open that lock ...no f*#+ing way.
so i chose a different approach, got my! horse (so not stolen:) )  and jumped it from the drawbridge...       

Ian C

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 19, 2018, 01:43:50 AM
I'm back - again - flinging shite at that f***ing house

When you get into a fist fight with that guy keep your guard up (Q on PC keyboard) and let him have at you with a few blows then trade a few back. You have to be patient keeping your guard up and stay moving - he likes to grab your head and knee you in the face. Keep this up and once he starts faltering beat him up until he says he'll give you what you want. You'll get keys to unlock the chest and take the nails and  hammer. The axe will be in the stump near to his home. Sell them then buy 10 units of the charcoal.

JudgeDredd

Ok - thanks but I don't think I was clear enough.

I've got the hammer, nails and axe. I sold them and had around 10 coin - maybe 8 - can't recall. My problem isn't how I buy charcoal - it's where.

There's a guy standing near a couple of horses, a cart and a shed load of charcoal on the ground. When I go to him, the only option popping up bottom left is to rob the charcoal. Not ask to buy some. No trade option. No dialogue option. Just rob.

I thought perhaps I didn't have enough coin. So I played dice a few times and got 20 coin. Still the guy has no dialogue options.

In the end last night, just because it seemed to be all I could do, I robbed it, got chased by guards and killed. Hence the shite throwing again.

So - where do I get the charcoal. Please, please don't say the guy standing next to the cart - I'm getting no dialogue options for him at all.

I haven't thought to try anyone else...mainly because a) that looks like charcoal on the ground and b) the quest target marker shows that's the place to get charcoal.

I'll take a vid tonight and show what I mean - 'cos I know how this dialogue is going to go.
Alba gu' brath

Ian C

It is the guy with the cart. Have you met up with the other guys yet? You have to do something first I think before the trade option is available. You should have other quest markers on your map - its one of them. Fling the shit, escape the catchpole, meet the guys behind that place, fight that guy,  get the tools, sell the tools (to the guy with the cart) then buy the charcoal. You can also skip cutscenes by pressing escape and also fast-forward through them by pressing space.

Tip to everyone: the prologue to the game lasts a few hours so if you think it's on rails - don't worry. Until you get to the city the game hasn't really started...

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ian C on February 19, 2018, 06:30:00 AM
It is the guy with the cart. Have you met up with the other guys yet?
Yes

You have to do something first I think before the trade option is available. You should have other quest markers on your map - its one of them.
I didn't think you had to do the tasks in a particular order...other than obviously getting coin - which I did

Fling the shit, escape the catchpole, meet the guys behind that place, fight that guy,  get the tools, sell the tools (to the guy with the cart) then buy the charcoal.
I did it exactly in that order.

You can also skip cutscenes by pressing escape and also fast-forward through them by pressing space.
Yeah - thankfully I discovered that at least. That helps with the pain of the lack of user saves.

Tip to everyone: the prologue to the game lasts a few hours so if you think it's on rails - don't worry. Until you get to the city the game hasn't really started...
I thought I was the only one on here that was bored off my tits playing this. I was scared to say anything because - you know - the internet.

The only reason I keep coming back to it is because people have said this - so I'm sticking with it. It doesn't have to be run and gun and lots to do. I know it's not that kind of game. I think my lack of progress (I do not get why this twat won't sell me charcoal) and being stuck in a time loop with a bad save location is what's grinding about it.
Alba gu' brath

Ian C

That's weird - but I seem to recall this happened to me too, but I don't know how I got past it. Maybe checkout this vid and see if it helps (I noticed he goes for the fighting lesson before visiting the guy about the debt) : https://youtu.be/qdFEJ8So6xE?t=1462  note: spoilers if you view too far.

Let's know if it worked.

Yskonyn

Unfortunately the game's quest systemis riddled with bugs. I've run into 3 situations where the game didn't trigger the correct event in order to continue, resulting in having to reload am earlier save.
Oddly enough the game continues just fine the second time I try something that was a blocker before.
So be wise and keep several savegames stored.

I wasn't able to buy Charcoal at first either, but it was because the hammer and nails didnt bring up enough. I just sold a lockpick then and it provided me with enough money.
I don't lockpick anyway so i didn't need them (and still don't). :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

You can gather herbs (Sage, ...) in your small village and sell those at any trader.  This got me enough money to buy the 10 coal.

Zulu1966

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 19, 2018, 06:49:02 AM
It is the guy with the cart. Have you met up with the other guys yet?
Yes

You have to do something first I think before the trade option is available. You should have other quest markers on your map - its one of them.
I didn't think you had to do the tasks in a particular order...other than obviously getting coin - which I did

Fling the shit, escape the catchpole, meet the guys behind that place, fight that guy,  get the tools, sell the tools (to the guy with the cart) then buy the charcoal.
I did it exactly in that order.

You can also skip cutscenes by pressing escape and also fast-forward through them by pressing space.
Yeah - thankfully I discovered that at least. That helps with the pain of the lack of user saves.

I thought I was the only one on here that was bored off my tits playing this. I was scared to say anything because - you know - the internet.

The only reason I keep coming back to it is because people have said this - so I'm sticking with it. It doesn't have to be run and gun and lots to do. I know it's not that kind of game. I think my lack of progress (I do not get why this twat won't sell me charcoal) and being stuck in a time loop with a bad save location is what's grinding about it.

JD SOUNDS like a bug. I had a fight with the axe guy. He beat me up. I went back to dad and told him he wouldn't pay up so dad gave me some money I went back to the guy by the cart and bought some charcoal via the trade option .
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JasonPratt

I never had problems buying from the charcoal guy. And I went straight there after winning the fistfight and finding all three items (axe, hammer, nails), and then selling them.

It does sound like a bug; or, maybe your reputation took a plunge somehow. (Crap on your clothing could do it? -- or someone saw you flinging poo?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 19, 2018, 09:49:58 AM
I never had problems buying from the charcoal guy. And I went straight there after winning the fistfight and finding all three items (axe, hammer, nails), and then selling them.

It does sound like a bug; or, maybe your reputation took a plunge somehow. (Crap on your clothing could do it? -- or someone saw you flinging poo?)
Could be that. Thanks JP.

I'll probably start from scratch but I am defo gonna wait for the patch now
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

'Boed off my tits' = pretty bored eh?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

This "Ginger" fellow is starting to annoy me.

This is one of the first games I can recall in recent memory where I really need to think long and hard about picking a fight and most times choose non confrontational ways of solving problems and achieving goals. It's rare that I'll walk away from any combat, even a fair one, without wounds and injuries and wear or damage to my kit and weapons. I wonder if the world levels up with you. This is something that always bothered me about Elder Scrolls IV. There was never a sense of real progress.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

The leveling up with you question is a good one.

And JH walking away from a fight?

WHAT

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd