Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I was a backer on this and pre loaded....but real life work took over not allowing me to even try it.  However, I have noticed every day another small patch being released, I just might wait until the first big patch is available before jumping in.  Will be pretty busy the next few weeks anyways.

Does look good...

Destraex

A mate of mine recommended this: It's for saves... unlimited. Use at your own risk.
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I read that after 300 saves the mod may break, but that doesn't happen often.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

I am totally in love with this game!
9 hrs in and I really feel like I am beginning to know Henry and being part of this medieval society.
The story is very interesting so far and I do not mind the slow pace.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2018, 11:56:52 AM
I read that after 300 saves the mod may break, but that doesn't happen often.

If that's the case I'll be doomed soon!

Though the game itself only allows you to keep a limited number of saves.  Guess I'll keep everything backed up. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

The mod break is rare too - good chance it won't happen to you, unless you're me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

That mod is a welcome game-changer.

I think this game has all the makings of a classic.

BTW - getting out of the Castle to go to bury his parents can also be achieved by simply jumping off the bridge near the gatehouse, but I had to go on foot that was one adventure in itself...

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2018, 02:52:11 PM
The mod break is rare too - good chance it won't happen to you, unless you're me.

It looks like there's a good workaround for it as well.  Backing up and deleting all but the latest save, and then loading, deleting and re-saving in game clears the glitch. 

Speaking of glitches, if anyone runs into the "Ginger stays asleep forever" bug, here's my fix for it last night.  On the "Ginger's in a Pickle" quest, if Ginger won't wake up in the last stage, pickpocket him and purposefully fail.  He'll wake up and run off. 

Wait an hour and he'll be awake and non-hostile. 

This bug's a main quest game breaker otherwise.  Drove be bug nuts last night.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Yskonyn

I also ran into the bug where the cutscene didn't trigger after playing dice with Nightingale and effectively stopped the game.
I saved right before it so perhaps the mod does cause issues.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Destraex

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 17, 2018, 12:43:43 PM
I am totally in love with this game!
9 hrs in and I really feel like I am beginning to know Henry and being part of this medieval society.
The story is very interesting so far and I do not mind the slow pace.

Agreed, I know a fair bit about warfare in the period, but this game is teaching me so much about medieval life in general and the history of the area it is set in. This is pretty much the first RPG game I will probably stick with.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ian C

Tried taking a shortcut to where they hang criminals on the hill. Tried the 'Skyrim Hop' to climb up the side of a steep rocky hill and fell back head-over ass almost crippling my legs. Serious bleeding. Bandaged myself up and literally hobbled home. Reloaded. Tried again, but toggled 'walk only' on and took it really carefully up that hill, navigating the outcrops. Took a good few minutes. Found 3 different types of herbs growing in the undergrowth along the way.

Realism 10/10.

Yskonyn

Its also the first game I play where it actually means something to do a quest differently than other people. I have seen several videos of people doing certain quests really different than I did with quite a different outcome.
I don't think the game is totally freeform, but at least it gives the impression many ways lead to Rome (or Kuttenberg in this case) without it being just a gimmick.
Very impressed so far. The only thing I find dissapointing is the robotic characters when you engage in conversation with them.

Gusington

How do you all like the cities? Are they true cities or just groups of buildings?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Biggest settlement I have visited is Rattay. It has a proper castle with stables, battlements, nobility quarters, kitchen, etc.
Then the outer bailey consists of the market square with real market stands manned depending on time of day. The punishing stands are in the centre of the square as well.
Around it are several  buildings; Rathaus, Church, Bakery, Taverns, Butcher, Fletcher, Tannery, etc.
All these buildings you can enter and actually function!
Then outside the walls you have the serfs with their farmsteads and the mill as well as the archery range and a training pit for swordplay.
So yes! It's detailed and convincing!

JudgeDredd

So how do you get charcoal?

I got money. I played Dice. Got more money. But everytime I go to where the charcoal is, the only option showing is to steal it (rob). I can't talk to the guy to see how much the charcoal costs or haggle - so I don't know if it's because I don't have enough coin. How much is the charcoal?

I can't believe I don't have enough money because I've read online other people getting back the tools and axe and selling them - which is what I've done.

I'm back - again - flinging shite at that f***ing house
Alba gu' brath