Main Menu

Endless Space 2

Started by tgb, July 30, 2015, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

I really shouldn't have watched any videos last night.  The additions to exploration and the new political system look really interesting, and my will is softening.

bbmike

Yeah, the more I think about it I'm not sure I even made it to 100 turns even AFTER it released.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

tgb

I guess I'll be holding off until there's more meat on the bones.

HOW'S THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION ON THIS ASPECT?

Population

While you can still move your population between colonized planets within a system, in the Early Access, there is no feature to move populations across systems yet.

Research

For the Early Access version, there will be no faction-specific technology except technologies obtained by completing steps of your Faction Quest.
    As it is now, players can research technologies in any order without needing to research prior technologies.

Diplomacy

For the Early Access, most of the feature of coordination between empires through diplomacy, such as Alliances, treaties etc... aren't present in the game.

Trade

In the Early Access version, there will be no Marketplace.
    In the Early Access version, the trade system doesn't require players to build "commercial ships" and send them to establish the trade routes hard points, but this is subject to change.

Narrative Experience

For the Early Access, the After Action Report is quite limited.
    For the Early Access, narrative experience cannot be shared through G2G via game story albums yet

mikeck

I don't know, all that stuff is pretty minor. For me anyway. I mean yes treaties and coordination is important but that's about it and truthfully I just want to kill everyone anyway so whatever. But as for not meeting ships to establish trade lanes I'm not getting faction specific technologies. meh...I can wait for those.

What I can't wait for is the game itself with the combat and ship design and everything else that's going to make me buy the early access
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Hofstadter

I wish I could get into space 4x. But they all just play exactly the same to me.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

mikeck

It's like anything else...if you enjoy the concept, then you can see the differences and enjoy the different mechanics. My wife likes wine...she can tell the difference between a Cab, merlot, etc and picks out the various flavors like smokey, wood, etc.. Right? To me, it's all flippin' wine
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

One things for certain...it sure is a beautiful game. Very sleek aesthetic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Yup. One of the best looking ships and races.

bbmike

So, anyone spend any time with this? Thoughts? There is a TON of discussion on the Steam page and I think I saw the 100 turn limit was already gone?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

tgb

The feedback I've read is that what's there so far points to a very good game, and even in it's current state it's better than a lot of SF 4X titles, but it's still pretty bare-boned. I'll probably wait until a month or so before 1.0, since it will still be priced as an EA title, but have a lot more game to it.

Unless it shows up at a super low price over the holidays.

mikeck

I've played a bit. It's basically Endless Space 1 with some Endless legends concepts thrown in. It's not completely new so if you liked ES and EL, you will love it. If you didn't like ES, I doubt there is anything that will change your mind...unless it was lack of a specific option

undercovergeek

Sometime this week - there seems to be some political side that looks intriguing

mikeck

Yes, there is a politics system with laws and government types. In fact, this review Discusses that system in depth:

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2016/10/endless-space-2-early-access-first-impressions/

Jarhead0331

100 turn limit removed in today's patch.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

The horatio are in - my favourite from es1

This game is all that's stopping me from going back to total hammer of war and I love that