We Need a 2015-2016 Hockey thread

Started by endfire79, October 04, 2015, 07:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

So, Pittsburgh wanted a defenseman, and they traded for...JUSTIN SCHULTZ?! Justin f'ing SCHULTZ! He's atrocious! They have up something for that idiot?!?! I can play better defense than Justin Schultz, and I'm being 100% sincere when I say that...and I can't skate! Sure, I'd just be standing there and sort of shuffling about, but at least I understand that I should be trying to impede the other team in some way!

If the Edmonton Oilers have had it with a defenseman's incompetence, maybe you shouldn't trade for that guy.

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 08:12:38 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 24, 2016, 06:14:01 PM
good explanation of some of those new-fangled hockey stats

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2013/12/4/5167404/nhl-stats-made-simple-part-1-corsi-fenwick

Good grief! They are trying to dumb down hockey so the Baseball fans can understand it.   ::)

Easy there, Science Lad.  Not everyone can work on CERN.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 27, 2016, 11:54:09 PM
So, Pittsburgh wanted a defenseman, and they traded for...JUSTIN SCHULTZ?! Justin f'ing SCHULTZ! He's atrocious! They have up something for that idiot?!?! I can play better defense than Justin Schultz, and I'm being 100% sincere when I say that...and I can't skate! Sure, I'd just be standing there and sort of shuffling about, but at least I understand that I should be trying to impede the other team in some way!

If the Edmonton Oilers have had it with a defenseman's incompetence, maybe you shouldn't trade for that guy.

What's happened to Letang lately?  He used to be the bomb-shizzle, but even though his points seem fairly high, you don't hear as much about him as you used to.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 28, 2016, 06:59:05 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 27, 2016, 11:54:09 PM

What's happened to Letang lately?  He used to be the bomb-shizzle, but even though his points seem fairly high, you don't hear as much about him as you used to.

Actually, he's had a nice comeback year this season from a scary run of concussions. It was bad enough that he actually had a stroke a couple of years ago that doctors attributed to his concussion history. I really like the guy as a player, but there comes a point where maybe someone should make him retire. Dude, YOU HAD A STROKE.

bayonetbrant

Eric Staal got traded today.

He's going from playing with his brother Jordan in Raleigh to, uh... well, hmmm... playing with his brother Marc in New York.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 28, 2016, 07:15:43 PM
Eric Staal got traded today.

He's going from playing with his brother Jordan in Raleigh to, uh... well, hmmm... playing with his brother Marc in New York.

I think this is a good step for him and the Canes, since it really wasn't working for either of them any more. They clearly need to hit the reset button, and he needs to show what he's got and sign somewhere else in the off season.

bayonetbrant

There's a chance he could come back next season, but cheaper...  It's Jordan's team now.

bayonetbrant

Just saw that the Frozen Four is going to be in Tampa this year.  W. T. F?!

There's a zero percent chance of any team within 1000 miles of Tampa making it to the Frozen Four.  Why would you play it there?

bayonetbrant

mirth

No Canadian teams in the playoffs this year. Ouch.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

Quote from: mirth on April 11, 2016, 05:51:52 PM
No Canadian teams in the playoffs this year. Ouch.

Yep. All sorts of ludicrous 'HOW HAS OUR GAMES PASSED US BY?!' editorials showing up. And of course, they're ignoring the basic point...it isn't our game. European countries have often surpassed Canada in recent years. The U.S. has certainly caught up as well.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

mirth

I don't hate the Pens the way I do the Flyers, but I am rooting for TB in the series.

MetalDog

Tampa played like crap tonight.  They let that poor kid face 40+ shots.  What did they THINK was going to happen?!  Kessell, Hagelin, and Letaing were everywhere!  And Tampa STILL has the worst home crowd in playoff hockey.  Pisses me off every time an enemy sniper buries one and the crowd goes nuts.  Bastards!!!