'Indiana Jones 5' in 2019

Started by steve58, March 16, 2016, 08:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Ol Indy is going to be kinda old for another one, don't ya think?

Walt Disney Pictures has announced Harrison Ford will return to the big screen as Indiana Jones for a fifth Indiana Jones adventure, set for a July 19, 2019 release. Along with Ford, Steven Spielberg will be directing the as-yet Untitled Indiana Jones film with franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall producing.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4167
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Depends
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on March 16, 2016, 08:47:31 AM
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Depends

Serious coffee spew with that one, LOL   ;D ;D ;D

bbmike

Harrison Ford is on a character killing spree?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on March 16, 2016, 09:17:35 AM
Harrison Ford is on a character killing spree?

He wants to wrap up as many loose ends as possible while he can.

What happened to turning the franchise over to Chris Pratt? Does anyone really want to see 75 year old Harrison Ford running around as Indy?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Huw the Poo

Oh look, it's the sequel we all asked for...

MikeGER

...at two third of the movie he get stabbed by his meanwhile turned to the dark side son Mutt, also  ;)

avrotim

Actually having him die would kinda make sense.  He has a kid, right?  So he can put his father's hat on and continue the franchise.
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

mirth

JasonPratt

Maybe the Beef grew up to be Pratt.

(No relation.)

My interest in this will be deferred until 2019. Or later. As far as I'm concerned, Last Crusade was the last movie.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 16, 2016, 10:29:56 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Last Crusade was the last movie.

Agreed.  I haven't even seen the fourth one. O0

mirth

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 16, 2016, 11:11:49 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 16, 2016, 10:29:56 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Last Crusade was the last movie.

Agreed.  I haven't even seen the fourth one. O0

Good call.

mirth

Sir Slash

We can't win. They keep making them until we watch them and if we watch them, they make more.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I was okay with using an "ancient aliens religion" archaeology plot, in principle. The best Indy computer game is Fate of Atlantis after all -- also, a much better Indy experience in most regards.

The actual execution of the movie bothered me. Granted, the original three had many of the same problems in principle. I would even prefer to watch Skull over Doom, if forced to a choice. But artists are supposed to improve their filmmaking over time, so the problems with Skull just feel horribly lazy.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!