Main Menu

13 Hours

Started by Sir Slash, January 14, 2016, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I should however add that I genuinely like The Rock, a lot, and practically love Armageddon. And I don't despise all of Pearl Harbor. (And even the places I wince at it, I can legitimately see what they were shooting for: it's a 1940s war movie, with the goofy love triangle and all that.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2016, 01:00:03 PM
Ditto Bad Boys (on somewhat less of a budget), which proved he can also... well... 'work' with actors (for want of a better verb). And could work with action scenes and pyrotechnics.

Sean Connery and Nic Cage were pulling down large figures, needed a cheap director who had visual flair, can shoot exciting scenes, works with pyro/guns without freaking out, and has some kind of sense of humor. Michael Bay fills those qualifications. Ergo, q.e.d.
This explanation makes a lot more sense than I care to think about.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

Hey now... the Kerri Kendall video was fantastic!  O0

TacticalWargames

Was this the attack where the American was playing Eve online, as he was a major player in the game, when it all kicked off and was sadly killed? He even posted a message whilst playing the game soemthing had just happened and he had to go...

Sir Slash

Could've been Shawn Smith as he was mentioned in the movie as being very well known on the Internet.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I regret to say I didn't get to see it this weekend (with or without the Bro).

I don't regret to say I also didn't get to see the new Chipmunks movie (with or without the nieces).

Since I did get to be with the nieces a lot, I shall consider this overall a win, nevertheless.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!