Main Menu

13 Hours

Started by Sir Slash, January 14, 2016, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Premiers tonight in my neck of the woods. Who's in? I don't expect to see Hillary there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

I just can't picture John Krazynski (from the U.S. version of The Office) in an action role.

Arctic Blast

Let's see...movie claiming to be a serious portrayal of the events in Benghazi...

"Directed by Michael Bay."

You know what? I can find other things to do.

Staggerwing

I've heard a review of the movie recently and it appears that Hillary is mentioned exactly zero times but the local CIA chief comes off looking like a 20-gallon asshat.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 15, 2016, 12:36:06 AM
Let's see...movie claiming to be a serious portrayal of the events in Benghazi...

"Directed by Michael Bay."

You know what? I can find other things to do.

This.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Yeah I admit I have zero interest in 13 Hours too.

JasonPratt

The story of Benghazi from the director of Pearl Harbor?

I desperately want to see this movie!

(I mean, I don't expect it to be good, but the spectacle at several levels ought to be entertaining.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I am still nursing mental wounds from the Pearl Harbor movie.

And a 20-gallon asshat...that's a lot of ass.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

The wife and I saw it last pm-- along with a whole movie theater full of Old People. Looked like this  >:( everywhere. Anyway, good film. Well done, especially the combat scenes and not too bloody but it moves very fast for a 2 I/2 hour movie and you can miss a lot if you're not paying attention. Very Black Hawk Down-ish. Overall I'd give it a solid 8 outta 10.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

^ Did they throw Hillary under the bus at all?  ;D

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

^^That truly is a ghastly list.  :o

BanzaiCat

I want to know what the hell went through the minds of the production company to hand over The Rock to a guy that did a Vanilla Ice video, a Playboy Centerfold "documentary," and a music video about masturbation.

I want to see the actual leap of logic between all of that and "yeah, let's give him a potential blockbuster movie to direct."

JasonPratt

All those other things looked sharp as hell on a budget.

Ditto Bad Boys (on somewhat less of a budget), which proved he can also... well... 'work' with actors (for want of a better verb). And could work with action scenes and pyrotechnics.

Sean Connery and Nic Cage were pulling down large figures, needed a cheap director who had visual flair, can shoot exciting scenes, works with pyro/guns without freaking out, and has some kind of sense of humor. Michael Bay fills those qualifications. Ergo, q.e.d.

("AND HE WORKS FOR COKE!" And, he works for coke. Problems solved.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!