Updates to John Tillers Civil War Battles Series

Started by Strela, June 03, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strela

More info here; http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2018/...round-one/

We're happy to announce updates to the level of the recently released Campaign Petersburg for;

Campaign Antietam
Campaign Chancellorsville
Campaign Peninsula

Campaign Petersburg has also been patched.

Both the updates and the new 3D maps are available for download at the Update page at John Tiller Software website here; http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Please don't forget the 3D maps, just note that these are usually large files.

Here are a few screenshots. There are more in the link above;

These updates are free for all existing JTS & HPS owners and will be included in all new purchases from this point on. We're continuing to actively work on the remaining titles.

Thanks,

David

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Thomasew

Hi Strela,

I can't seem to get to the update for Campaign Petersburg, .. just gives me an Error 403 ..  ???

The other updates seem ok.

EDIT: The update works via the link on the JTS page, .. but, not via the link on the WDS page.

Thanks

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

em2nought

They've certainly improved those graphics.  :bd:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Strela

Quote from: Thomasew on June 03, 2018, 08:23:00 PM
Hi Strela,

I can't seem to get to the update for Campaign Petersburg, .. just gives me an Error 403 ..  ???

The other updates seem ok.

EDIT: The update works via the link on the JTS page, .. but, not via the link on the WDS page.

Thanks

Cheers
Tom

Thanks Tom,

Fixed now. It seemed to be user (mine!) error....

As mentioned the links were fine at the JTS site.

David

Grim.Reaper

thanks and just to confirm, these updates work for the old hps versions of the game as well, not just if you bought direct from tillers new place?

don't think i own any of these specific ones, but will be on the lookout for the other updates which i own.

rahamy

Correct, they work on the games whether you bought them through HPS or JTS.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: rahamy on June 04, 2018, 04:36:00 AM
Correct, they work on the games whether you bought them through HPS or JTS.

Thanks for confirming

Tuna

I thought you had to show proof of purchase and convert them to Tiller Store versions? Or is that a different set of games?

rahamy

Quote from: Tuna on June 04, 2018, 05:29:47 AM
I thought you had to show proof of purchase and convert them to Tiller Store versions? Or is that a different set of games?

That is correct, but if you bought direct through HPS I can verify that through checking the database. If you bought through another source then just sending a picture of all your cd's to Support  at  johntillersoftware.com  will suffice.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: rahamy on June 04, 2018, 05:34:07 AM

That is correct, but if you bought direct through HPS I can verify that through checking the database. If you bought through another source then just sending a picture of all your cd's to Support  at  johntillersoftware.com  will suffice.

ok, now i am confused again.  so i first need to upgrade to filler version first?  or can update be applied directly to hps version?

rahamy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 04, 2018, 05:49:07 AM
Quote from: rahamy on June 04, 2018, 05:34:07 AM

ok, now i am confused again.  so i first need to upgrade to filler version first?  or can update be applied directly to hps version?

It can be applied directly to an HPS install, but you need a serial number to activate it once you launch the game. After you apply the update and enter your serial number you are on the JTS version.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus