Main Menu

Second FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 01, 2018, 03:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I did well as Nabatea until I expanded too quickly and destroyed my budget trying to pacify the new areas. Egypt has lots of money but also lots of territory to defend. And, lots of non-Egyptians/Hellenics to keep happy, and is at war with the Seleucids. The factions play so different that what works for one doesn't for another. Nabatea is good for a start, just 2 territories and everybody nearby is pretty friendly.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Thanks, will look for that one.

Gusington

They're easy to find - they're the ones with no victory conditions :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Right. So you CAN'T LOSE.  :bd:  Not a fan of the six-month turns. Besieging a city, all cities have walls in this one, I can usually only build one or two ladders pre turn, a Siege Tower takes 2 turns. That's a whole year. To build two ladders or a tower.  :o  Come on guys. Where's the 'Carpenter' unit?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Wasn't there a mod included with this one to change the turn lengths?

Gusington

There are several mods that change turns and their lengths for Attila TW but I don't know if there is one specifically for AE or if other ones will work with AE. I'm thinking of waiting a little while for more updates here and try out Nabatea in the recently released DLC for Rome 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The mod has a 'Four Turns per Year' sub mod it recommends but the sub mod page says it may result in bizarre season fluctuations-- not a steady progression of seasons. And that doubles the length of the game to about 1200 turns.  :o  I may sit this one out for a while too until it's more complete. Still, it's a great work and I love the look.

Gusington

Yeah I was going tontry AE just to see some African camel cataphracts rendered in the Attila TW engine but that would just be a tease if the rest of the mod isn't quite ready yet...so Rome 2 it is for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

OK, you guys 'sold' me. Back to Rome 2.. At least I can win sometimes with that one!