Main Menu

Second FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 01, 2018, 03:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Nice song!

I want to play:

-Strategic Command. I have to learn the game cos i am going to try pbem.
- Surviving Mars. The new update brings a 5 part tutorial which i need cos i was lost the first time i played it.
- Some Endless Legend...play the campaign i've been playing for some time now.

sandman2575

Little bit of a funk. Kind of OD'd on Battletech so that's shelved for the time being. Have tried to make a go of things in XCOM2 but without much success -- I find it a lot harder than XCOM Enemy Unknown, not sure I have the patience for it.

May spend some time with Steel Division '44. Man I wish this game had a dynamic campaign at least along the lines of what you get in Red Dragon. Without one the game still feels like a Beta to me.

nelmsm

When time allows I'll keep plugging away at Stellaris and answering PBEM game files

BanzaiCat

Haven't had much taste for gaming lately.

But will try to learn some Tide of Iron (finally) and just bought Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition on Steam, so maybe those will be good distractions.

W8taminute

Mad Max on PS4 plus maybe some board gaming if I can keep the dog away from trampling the gaming table.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

fabius

Trying the demo of Football, Tactics & Glory. Simplfied trun based football manager. Bit addictive
The Seven Years War
Power & Revolution
EUIV

Vintage Dude

That's a good song that I had forgotten about. Just noticed that they are performing here in Cincinnati on August 17th. I may check on tickets. Will try to play Thrones of Britannia or Ancient Empires mod.

Boggit

A bit of combat mission, but otherwise I am busy preparing my response to the consultation document regarding sentencing guidelines for the public disorder legislation for the UK's Sentencing Council. Very dry, and very technical.

The crap I have to deal with to help ensure that the police state of the UK doesn't overreach itself more than it does already! ;)

Sauron is setting up a game of Sanctus Reach this weekend, with him as usual playing Space Marines, as I end up as Orks (as usual!). At least I'm figuring out how to use Orks now. ;D

This will be done on Sunday, as today I'm engaging in the pleasures of bourbon, ginger ale and a lot of ice while watching Melanie Philips opine on how the merdia manipulates truth. <:-)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Kushan

Played some Battletech and Cities Skylines last night. Spent way more time then I had planned to looking at Cities mods and assets.

Soon as I recover from my run this morning, I'm go to take the QualityWings Boeing 787 out for a flight in Prepar3d. After that more Battletech and Cities.

Rinse and repeat tomorrow.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Tuna

Knee is feeling great, so now I can sit at the computer desk for extended periods. Still did a lot of laptop play with Hearthstone (my son turned me on to it, I hate it but very addictive!).

On my desktop, I tried a couple of starts of TW: Ancient Empires, but got murdered both times very early.

Yesterday I hopped back into World of Warships (It's been awhile), and I had a blast, I may have to revisit that some in the coming gaming sessions.

Sir Slash

Glad your knee is better Tuna. You're not alone with the Ancient Empires ass-whipping, it's a tough mod. Biggest frustration for me is trying to figure a way to get Public Order in the positive consistently. The battles I haven't even had time for yet. There is a 'Softcore' mod available that ups your money and Public Order. I might have to try that but not just yet. I'm still willing to hang-on to see if I can tame this beast.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 04, 2018, 11:13:20 AM
Glad your knee is better Tuna. You're not alone with the Ancient Empires ass-whipping, it's a tough mod. Biggest frustration for me is trying to figure a way to get Public Order in the positive consistently. The battles I haven't even had time for yet. There is a 'Softcore' mod available that ups your money and Public Order. I might have to try that but not just yet. I'm still willing to hang-on to see if I can tame this beast.

I heard large garrisons are the key.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Well not much on pc but almost done with the main quest on Monster Hunter World. Not sure how much I'll grind on post game stuff but it's been an enjoyable time.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

For Ancient Empires, most cities have pretty large garrisons at start. But when you mouse-over the Public Order icon nothing is mentioned for 'Military Presence' for the garrison by itself. I don't think they count, maybe if they're enlarged or upgraded through building or Tech? I get 'Food' stabilized but it's always 'Native Discontent' that's keeps going down. I've tried Edicts and buildings that decrease it with little effect. Also the Winter/Summer seasons play havoc with everything. A lot of moving parts here but I'm not ready to give up yet.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

What's the best nation to choose for Noob AE player then?.. I assume less is better?