Gamestop Past Orders - Vanished

Started by Ian C, May 27, 2018, 05:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Anyone else used Gamestop Digital? Years ago it used to be something else then it changed to Gamestop and used a PC downloader .

I had dozens of games on it - Tropico, Paradox titles etc. and now there's no downloader and my online order history is blank.

I've contacted Gamestop support but was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and how was it fixed. Thanks.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Ian C on May 27, 2018, 05:32:25 AM
Anyone else used Gamestop Digital? Years ago it used to be something else then it changed to Gamestop and used a PC downloader .

I had dozens of games on it - Tropico, Paradox titles etc. and now there's no downloader and my online order history is blank.

I've contacted Gamestop support but was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and how was it fixed. Thanks.

Was it Direct2Drive or something like that? If so I also had a lot of games on it that I pretty much forgot about. If you save your old computer hard drives after you recycle the computers then check to see if you still have the installers for you games on them. IIRC, you could save those and then reinstall locally any time you wanted.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ian C

It was originally on the 'Impulse' store.

bbmike

Anything that was on Impulse should be accessible through your Stardock account. I don't know about the other stuff. Now I'm wondering if I had anything on Gamestop digital.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Ian C

Quote from: bbmike on May 27, 2018, 07:41:02 AM
Anything that was on Impulse should be accessible through your Stardock account. I don't know about the other stuff. Now I'm wondering if I had anything on Gamestop digital.

Just checked -only Stardock products are on it.

From what I can recall, I had Arma II, The Guild II & DLC, Europa Universalis: Rome and several others.

steve58

Now I'm concerned as well.  I fired up the old Gamestop app icon I still had on my PC.  Took a while for it to load anything.  The only thing showing is an update for SOASE Trinity.  Can't make it show any other games.  Can't remember all I had at GS, but there were several.  I did notice a "login failed" in the bottom right corner.  I clicked on it to try to login.  After a while I get a msg saying it failed to connect to servers.  I tried resetting my password and still got the same msg. 

Ian, please let up know what you hear from Gamestop CS.  Thanks...

p.s.  I did find a couple of forum links discussing this issue...

https://forums.offworldgame.com/461374/old-old-old-stardock-purchases-gamestop-and-impulsedriven

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/7kuw04/unable_to_get_old_pc_games/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Ian C

Thank you Steve. After reading those links I got a feeling I'm screwed. I won't give up though, still waiting for a response.

bbmike

Yeah, I'm wondering what non-Stardock games I might have had there. Hard to believe that will all of the concern about what happens to our digital games when a site like Steam goes away there wasn't a huge outcry/solution for this.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I probably have an account with them that I forgot about long ago. I've pretty much stopped buying games I can't add to my Steam library. I can't keep track of all the different accounts where I might have games -  Steam, GoG, D2D, GamersGate, and who the hell knows what else :uglystupid2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

We should probably all consider downloading and archiving any available installers and keys now while those services are still around. Five years from now who knows? Just one itty-bitty atmospheric EMP and all those megaservers will be wiped. After that we will be back to installing our old games onto dusty attic Pentiums from CDs.

While not defending our postapocalyptic settlements from marauding mutants that is...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I used to be better about keeping physical copies of the installers and serials/keys. Steam has made me lazy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mbar

Quote from: mirth on May 27, 2018, 01:43:18 PM
I used to be better about keeping physical copies of the installers and serials/keys. Steam has made me lazy.

Me too. I always backed up games but download speeds have increased so much it's just as fast to download as it is to restore from a drive.

With the Impulse sale to Gamestop I just stopped buying games there. I also took every key I got with Impulse and tried registering them at Steam. Got quite a few to work. Games from THQ usually registered.