Games People Play on Friday!

Started by bbmike, May 24, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Would you recommend trying out AE instead of Rome 2? I was going to wait for AE to be updated and maybe give Nabatea some victory conditions but if peeps are enjoying it then I should probably just dive in, damn the torpedoes...all that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

True, it's not finished yet, so.....  Still I'm amazed at that the Attila engine could be used to create almost an entirely new game. I can see how some would not like the more complex nature and kind of slow start to this mod. So far this is a VERY different TW experience-- much more strategic in nature.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Like what?   ;D     Yes, so far I'm liking it. Rome 2 might be more fun at the start-- hard to blitz in AE, you have to plan more and most garrisons are large. I only just began playing yesterday and haven't even had one battle yet but I'm intrigued by it's deepness. If Rome 2 was Checkers, this mod would be Chess. So, depends on what you like.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

What faction are you playing as? TELL ME.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I tried Egypt-- thought it was too big to begin with, then Cappadocia-- starving at the beginning, Parthia-- better but all the way at the end of the world and I couldn't declare war on Bactria for some reason, so Nabatea. Which is nice, slow and stable, to study the mod. Probably I'll go back to Egypt when I get more comfortable with the changes. And Rome when I want to really get into it deep. The Barbarians should be fun when they come along.

Gusington

^That's the faction I want to play!! But don't you find the lack of victory conditions...disturbing? How do you win?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Well there is that. But I'm just trying to learn how all the pieces fit together. Nabatea will be fixed later I'm sure. It is a good starter for trying out what you think works and don't work. And even unfinished it's still fun to play. Besides, winning is over rated anyway. ;D

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I recall you winning as Armenia I believe. Armenia's in this mod. I bet they miss you.

Gusington

That is true. Actually my record is not that bad but I have still never won a Shogun 2 campaign.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I had to go with Radious to get a win. But a win's a win.

Gusington

I'll be back, as The Arnold says.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd