Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus

Coming soon...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

Because you can never have too many WH40K games!   ;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Zulu1966

Used to love playing adeptus. Is this slitherene or someone else ? Looks like the same engine
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 01, 2018, 04:34:37 PM
Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus

Coming soon...

pro deûm immortalium! nimis multi ludos machina computatoria ^-^ :timeout:

Skwerl

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

So...ummm...yeah. This is available for early access purchase and its only $6.99.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/853140/Adeptus_Titanicus_Dominus/

If I wasn't so engrossed in Battletech, I would probably buy it. Now though, what's the point? It will definitely be unfulfilling in its current state.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Why the injection of logic and maturity? BUY BUY BUY

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 31, 2018, 04:46:05 PM
Now though, what's the point? It will definitely be unfulfilling in its current state.

I've bought it, so you don't have to JH.

I'll let you know if it is total shite or not.

spelk

Ok, so after about 20 minutes play.... (including very brief tutorials)

1) It's budget
2) Plays quick and looks cheap
3) Choose Titan loadouts
4) Has a number of different Victory Conditions that can be met
5) Uses tabletop rules, activations/retentions, with action phase then shield regen and initiative determination? (I'm not familar with the TT rules)
6) Feels like it should be simultaneous real-time, but it isn't. So pincer movements not available. One titan move/shoot, then the enemy titan, then whichever of your titans you decide to activate for the next turn.
7) Supporting ground troops appear in closer combat, but they are almost static
8) Annoyingly, during weapon volleys, you can't see the enemies health bar, until the shooting stops. So you're just watching the fireworks in slow-mo, till it ends, to determine how well it is going.

The action phase seems to consist of choosing a mode (fire, move, double time, march), right clicking the position/distance you're allowed to go. Then if an enemy is in range, left clicking on enemy, gun LOS are calculated in percentages, and then you choose whether to commit the order or not. Modes are: Fire = static but best accuracy/damage, move = short distance fairly accurate fire, double time = longer distance, less accurate fire, and march = longest distance travelled, no firing solution at all).

Basically casual/mobile Battletech lite and cheap but in low res Warhammer 40k skin.

Probably not worth the effort, unless you have a W40k addiction and you want to stomp a Titan or two around on a fairly bland map.

It's still in alpha, so perhaps some of the gripes will be worked out, but I think they've firmly fixed their sights on a beer and pretzels throwaway title, for a bit of Titan on Titan action for the warhammerheads.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tpek

Just bear in mind it's made by Membraine Studios.
The guys that that made Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire, an indiegogo backed game that failed to deliver its promised features.
I backed that game and was originally excited for it, until they came back from their promise to support Hotseat mode, and actually removed it from the game,
alongside with the entire MP component.

In fact, their game isn't even listed on the Steam Store anymore, preventing people from seeing the company's past mistakes.

The forum still remains however:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/297270/discussions/

I'm not saying this game is going to suck, or have anything against it, but you should take these things into consideration.

Jarhead0331

^good catch. I backed that game too. It was supposed to be something like Final Liberation. It had a lot of potential. Such a shame.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog