Matrix computer boardgame sale week

Started by JasonPratt, August 17, 2017, 12:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

30% off boardgame adaptations at Matrix until August 23rd. WORLD IN FLAMES NOW ONLY $70!!!  :2funny:

(Disclaimer: sale price on WiF does not count the map pack, but that is also discounted down to $70.)

http://www.matrixgames.com/boardgamessales

...is Drive on Moscow and its related Battle of the Bulge, a boardgame adaptation?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 17, 2017, 12:41:50 PM
30% off boardgame adaptations at Matrix until August 23rd. WORLD IN FLAMES NOW ONLY $70!!!  :2funny:

(Disclaimer: sale price on WiF does not count the map pack, but that is also discounted down to $70.)

...is Drive on Moscow and its related Battle of the Bulge, a boardgame adaptation?
Some are very good games IMHO, and certainly are "must have's" as far as I'm concerned -
Sengoku Jidai and DLC;
Pike and Shot Campaigns;
Field of Glory;
Quadriga;
Hannibal - this has some of the toughest AI for a single player game that I have encountered in years, being very hard to beat;
Victory and Glory.

I have some of the others, but they don't inspire me anywhere near as much as those above.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Zulu1966

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 17, 2017, 12:41:50 PM

I guess I must be stupid or something but I just don't get how they can still be selling that game for that amount. One brief look at the forums it is quite clear that even after years of development it still doesn't work. Beyond me.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

RyanE

You could also say who would buy it after all the bad publicity about it.  There are no secrets on the development and support history of the game.

Tuna

Plenty of people run into games for the first time and don't know the background. Then viola big sale!!.. Hopefully that number of people is tiny. The 'sale' price being very high still, I would hope it would be very few.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Boggit on August 17, 2017, 06:16:01 PM
Hannibal - this has some of the toughest AI for a single player game that I have encountered in years, being very hard to beat;
Victory and Glory.

I think I've got Hannibal already (in box form -- I mean computer box), but I've been considering V&G, which has the same devs.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 18, 2017, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 17, 2017, 06:16:01 PM
Victory and Glory.

I think I've got Hannibal already (in box form -- I mean computer box), but I've been considering V&G, which has the same devs.
I hadn't realised they were the same devs. Hannibal is a really tough one to succeed at. You might win a few battles, but you're going down with the killer AI. Recommended for those masochistic moments! :-"
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat