READERS CHOICE VOTING (yes, finally...)

Started by bayonetbrant, March 17, 2018, 11:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Slick Wilhelm

PUBG didn't make the cut for the FPS genre? Wow, I guess 24 million copies sold and over 3 million concurrent players every day wasn't good enough!   #:-)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on March 20, 2018, 11:46:40 AM
PUBG didn't make the cut for the FPS genre? Wow, I guess 24 million copies sold and over 3 million concurrent players every day wasn't good enough!   #:-)

Who nominated it?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

What has two thumbs and didn't nominate PUBG?

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

In fairness, it would have received my vote.  Nothing this year was even close.

Had I thought to nominate anything in that category I would have nominated it...

It will receive a Zen Grog award, made of invisible plastic.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

That pesky Reader's Choice thing, depending on the choice of readers!

...this is how dictatorships start, isn't it?  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: mirth on March 20, 2018, 11:55:37 AM
What has two thumbs and didn't nominate PUBG?

Ha, in my defense, I didn't see the nomination thread. I usually just peruse the computer wargaming forum.

Still, I'm surprised that nobody else nominated it. Seems like everyone and their Uncle's niece is playing it.

bayonetbrant