Main Menu

Crusader Kings II

Started by Greybriar, February 12, 2012, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on August 31, 2016, 10:49:29 AM
I AM interested in the Plague DLC, which is my main reason for reinstalling.  I watched the first part of Arumba's latest series, and saw the Focus mechanic for the first time.  It looks good, but apparently Way of Life, which introduced it, wasn't very well received.

Was it also included in a free patch, or do I have to get Way of Life to be able to access it?

I've not played CK2 in awhile.  Since before Way Of Life dlc. 

And the majority of my time spent in CK2 was in Beta testing for the core game and the first one or two DLCs, long ago.  Every time I plan on playing a campaign, I end up getting cold feet because yet another DLC & Feature Update is Coming Soon™ and I end up waiting... so long I end up doing other stuff.

Edit:  I recall there being some complaints about changes to the game, a DLC or two ago.  Conclave perhaps? 

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on August 31, 2016, 10:54:21 AM
Edit:  I recall there being some complaints about changes to the game, a DLC or two five or seven ago.

FTFY.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

New Worlds: Crusader Kings II Map and History Generator tool...as seen on RPS.  Thought those of you who can actually get into CKII (never been able to myself :-\) would be interested in this tool (currently in beta).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart

WOW! If that guy can get all that to work properly then it should be very cool to play on random worlds!  :o

OJsDad

I'm still getting into CKII.  Are there any must have mods that I should get?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

Quote from: OJsDad on September 19, 2016, 07:44:02 PM

Just play it vanilla, with all the DLCs you feel like getting.  Plenty there.

The most popular mod is probably the Game of Thrones one.  Which is a total conversion, of course.  I've still never tried it, despite knowing of it since the original CK long ago.

MetalDog

Quote from: Nefaro on September 19, 2016, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on September 19, 2016, 07:44:02 PM

Just play it vanilla, with all the DLCs you feel like getting.  Plenty there.

The most popular mod is probably the Game of Thrones one.  Which is a total conversion, of course.  I've still never tried it, despite knowing of it since the original CK long ago.

Ditto all that
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I'm into the 1270's in my current game.  I started as Poland and formed the Wendish Empire.  Most of Europe is pretty much divided by four empires, the Wendish which covers most of central Europe, from the Baltic to the Black Sea, most of Germany, Brittany, eight counties in England/Wales, and a couple of areas in each of modern day Greece and Italy.  Austrasia which runs from northern Germany, west across the low lands and then most of France.  Holy Roman has Italy, parts of North Africa and most of Spain.  Finally the Byzantine Empire, which has the Balkans, loops around the Black Sea, and then has a large chunk what is today western and central Russia. 

There are still a number smaller countries around.  The largest of which is probably Svea Rike, which is most of Scandinavia and the northern Baltics.  The Muslim countries have never done much this game

The Mongols have shown up in the east, but haven't really don't much, though they now have a border with the Byzantine Empire.  There was a holy war against them after they took Perm, but it failed.

The big thing to have is the Aztec Empire has shown up in the west.  They've taken Scotland, most of England, part of the Iberian peninsula, and Bavaria.  They show as having over 180,000 troops that they can call up. 

jomni

Lol. Aztecs.  I've never gone far in CKII to actually manage a country / empire.  I'm always a poor vassal.

Nefaro

Quote from: OJsDad on April 23, 2017, 12:50:27 PM

The big thing to have is the Aztec Empire has shown up in the west.  They've taken Scotland, most of England, part of the Iberian peninsula, and Bavaria.  They show as having over 180,000 troops that they can call up.

You must be the only one, here, who leaves that module activated in their games.  :))

Yskonyn

Quote from: Nefaro on April 24, 2017, 08:21:25 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on April 23, 2017, 12:50:27 PM

You must be the only one, here, who leaves that module activated in their games.  :))

I heard on 3MA that with the satanistic and cult content there actually are several fun story chains linking into Aztec DLC.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

CJReich46

Quote from: jomni on April 23, 2017, 08:01:54 PM
Lol. Aztecs.  I've never gone far in CKII to actually manage a country / empire.  I'm always a poor vassal.

Ditto. I never get to the empire building phase. I'm always starting on "Tutorial Island" (Ireland).

Part of it is it's hard to get a grip on what is going on. The DLCs don't bother me as I only own Legacy, Old Gods, Charlemagne, Way of Life and Sons of Abraham. 

I don't do Ironman or go for achievements. Maybe if I did a narrative and just wrote it out like the Italian AAR?

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

OJsDad