Does anyone have DCS 2 installed?

Started by JudgeDredd, September 24, 2017, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

As per title?

I'd like to know what happens when you go to Missions? Mine shows a loading screen and just sits there - it won't budge. I have to hard exit. Bear in mind there ARE some missions available and at this point, I haven't actually selected an aircraft yet.

Any help appreciated thanks.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I have it installed. Will check when I get a chance.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Works fine. I get a menu box that shows the installed modules on the left hand side and the file structure for the missions on the right. I'm able to access and load missions. No hang-ups.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 24, 2017, 06:13:58 PM
Works fine. I get a menu box that shows the installed modules on the left hand side and the file structure for the missions on the right. I'm able to access and load missions. No hang-ups.
Thanks JH.

I've posted on DCS Forums. Everything else is working - just clicking Missions shows nothing. I waited 20 minutes at one point (that isn't as sad as it sounds - I was making a sandwich during that time).

I thought there was a way to verify their files but I couldn't find the program. I'll check aboot.

Thanks  O0
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 25, 2017, 02:31:28 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 24, 2017, 06:13:58 PMI thought there was a way to verify their files but I couldn't find the program. I'll check aboot.

Thanks  O0

Guide using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2548018

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Thomasew

Hi JD,

The only way I could get the Missions to work, .. was to delete the .. \Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha .. folder, .. then let the game re-create it.

NB .. make a backup first, .. so that you can copy your config (with all your settings etc.) folder back.

So, delete the .. DCS.openalpha .. folder, and start the game. It will probably open in a window, and prompt you for you to login.

Don't do anything .. just exit, .. and copy your config folder back to DCS.openalpha

Now, when you start the game, .. it should be set for your particular resolution and settings etc..

Mission should work now ..  :)

Just had to do it for 1.5.7 as well, .. with latest update ..   ::)

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

JudgeDredd

That done the trick Thomasew

Though it now shows missions for all modules, including (mostly) missions in the Caucus AOO

But it does now show the Missions dialog with aircraft and available missions - thank you.  :notworthy: :notworthy:

Odd not everyone has encountered this when updating to the latest version (2.1.1.9459)
Alba gu' brath