Steve Jackson Games working on Ogre

Started by besilarius, July 22, 2017, 08:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

airboy

I got pictures of some of the prototype figures that will be for sale last month.  Look at: http://grogheads.com/featured-posts/15684 where there are pictures of the Ogre and the Howitzer. 

CJReich46

Looks good. I remember the Origin version of Ogre and Car Wars, wow that was a long time ago.

Modelling looks nice. I hope you can modify it too. Like different colors, expand to different factions like the Nihon Empire etc.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

Do not know anything about the pc game, but I had lots of fun playing the board game in college.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

FarAway Sooner

I was so angry when they raised the price of MicroGames from $2.95 apiece to $3.95 apiece.

ComradeP

Confused for a moment, I thought you meant an Ogre Battle game.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

CJReich46

Quote from: solops on July 22, 2017, 12:40:54 PM
Do not know anything about the pc game, but I had lots of fun playing the board game in college.
I knew about the PC/C64/Apple II version back in the day. My Dad used to get computer magazines and I'd read through them mostly checking out what new games were coming. I have the board game still. I think mine is the 2000 VCR box, I bought it with Shockwave and Reinforcements.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Boggit

I remember playing Steve Jackson's Illuminati game. That was a fun game - and a good one for a computer.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Rayfer

Quote from: Boggit on July 29, 2017, 07:44:21 AM
I remember playing Steve Jackson's Illuminati game. That was a fun game - and a good one for a computer.

Thanks for reviving an old forgotten memory. Loved Illuminate....an awesome game, had a group that played it for many hours back in the day.

Gusington

Like CJ I read about the C64 version of OGRE in Run magazine back when I was 8 or 10.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Rayfer on July 29, 2017, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: Boggit on July 29, 2017, 07:44:21 AM

Thanks for reviving an old forgotten memory. Loved Illuminate....an awesome game, had a group that played it for many hours back in the day.
You're welcome. It was a great game. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

First trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=6-mSy81mXYM

Recall that the game was based on Keith Laumer's Bolo series of stories and novels.  Kind of sorry that he doesn't get some respect for the original concept.

"With your eyes closed?"

FarAway Sooner

I know those original MicroGames got cobbled together quickly, but are you sure it was really based on that?  The Font of All Knowledge tells me that Ogre came out only a year after Laumer's first Bolo book.

Of course, that same Font says it is based on the Laumer's book, but the production deadlines seem awful tight to me.  Maybe it was different in 1976?