2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

I usually include an homage to those credits in my video AARs, btw.  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

After a lot of near-misses last year, State finally manages to pull one out and win at Florida State
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Brady is just insane.  I saw Montana, and he was great, but, Brady is the GOAT.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

So much for the 13.5 pts the Pats were favored by in that game. That was a stupid crazy line.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on September 24, 2017, 03:16:30 PM
Brady is just insane.  I saw Montana, and he was great, but, Brady is the GOAT.

He 'struggled' to get 5 touchdowns today.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

airboy

Travels football sucks this year, especially the O-line.  Saw the dook game in Chapel Hill.  Argh!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 24, 2017, 03:46:09 PMSaw the dook game in Chapel Hill.  Argh!

Yeah, that was ugly.  Fedora probably survives a losing season, but I don't know if he survives a 3-9 losing season with a defense that look like windmills

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on September 24, 2017, 03:40:55 PM
So much for the 13.5 pts the Pats were favored by in that game. That was a stupid crazy line.

It was a great game. I'm glad Houston showed up and made a close game of it. But Brady is the GOAT for a reason, 5 TD's in the face of that pass rush....damn! The Pats doubled J.J. Watts all day but that didn't leave enough bodies to keep Mercilus and Clowney out of the backfield. If Houston's DB's were healthy, it could have easily gone the other way.

But the Pats....no undefeated BS but that never mattered anyway. Pats still come through with the clutch plays. Watching Brady when the game is on the line is like watching Wilt Chamberlain with the clock running down. Only shorter.   8)

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, UTKnoxville, favored by 28 points, strains to level-up against UMass (who, although totally losing this season, has at least made their games close, including this one). The papers were pretty critical around here (giant font headline "THAT WAS JUST UGLY".) While I think it's important to emphasize that this wasn't technically a loss ;), the attitude of one of the players quoted is a bit disturbingly... blase: "Well, it's a dub, so I ain't even trippin."  :bd: :hide:

We'll see whether that attitude survives Georgia next.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Steelgrave

Keep it classy, Trump. Oh wait....who the hell do I think I'm talking to?

mirth

I think he flipped off Kraft in that video. Or maybe all of us.

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on September 24, 2017, 07:12:46 PM
I think he flipped off Kraft in that video. Or maybe all of us.

I think it was directed at Kraft. He's been flipping the rest of us off for some time now.