Steam Summer Sale 2019 Thread

Started by AchillesLastStand, June 25, 2019, 04:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Did anyone ever play Panzer Strategy?  It's got a very Panzer General 3D vibe to me, and that's not a bad thing.  $15 doesn't sound too bad for it.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 25, 2019, 07:05:50 PM
Did anyone ever play Panzer Strategy?  It's got a very Panzer General 3D vibe to me, and that's not a bad thing.  $15 doesn't sound too bad for it.

Pratt has it, I think...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 25, 2019, 07:40:00 PM

Pratt has it, I think...

Of course he does. 

I look forward to his 25 page annotated essay.    ;)
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Skoop

I got it and the pacific version.  I personally like the pacific one better.  I gifted the panzer one to my son and he loves it.  He won't play games with nato symbols, but if you make a strategy game with 3d animated graphics, he's all over it.

Gusington

I didn't know either of these games existed...added to cart :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Nothing for me. I got enough games to play now...... JUST KIDDING! Gotcha didn't I?  :DD  If you could've seen the looks on your faces.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Skoop on June 25, 2019, 08:48:52 PM
I got it and the pacific version.  I personally like the pacific one better.  I gifted the panzer one to my son and he loves it.  He won't play games with nato symbols, but if you make a strategy game with 3d animated graphics, he's all over it.

I didn't even know there was a Pacific version.  I do love NATO symbols, but this does look good.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2019, 09:02:16 PM
I didn't know either of these games existed...added to cart :/

Slow down killer...do your due diligence.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 25, 2019, 10:06:38 PM
Nothing for me. I got enough games to play now...... JUST KIDDING! Gotcha didn't I?  :DD  If you could've seen the looks on your faces.  :hug:

You're not freaking allowed to buy nothing.  You'll get your 15 minutes played game and five years from now you'll LIKE IT!

FarAway Sooner

I'll be getting Deity Empires in the next day or so.  After not getting it for Father's Day, I was kind of bummed. 

But now I realize that it was simply Destiny giving me a $10 rebate!!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: al_infierno on June 25, 2019, 04:52:38 PM
Damn it.  I just bought Sovereignty: Crown of Kings literally last night for $25.  :(

Valve themselves say that refunding because of a sale is a perfectly valid reason to refund.  Go for it.

Quote from: RedArgo on June 25, 2019, 06:16:10 PM
Do games ever come on sale later during the sale?  I don't remember.  I'm trying to get my gaming buddies to buy Terraforming Mars, but it isn't in the sale right now.

As a rule, no.  If it isn't on sale now, it almost certainly won't be for the whole sale.  That's the way it has worked for a while now.  Here's the price history for Terraforming Mars.

devoncop

Hovering over Ultimate General Civil War and Aggressors Ancient Rome. Both highly rated and on excellent discounts....but really I just want Field of Glory Empires to be released NOW !

I think both games have their fans on here....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

FlickJax

Why have I not seen Panzer Strategy before?  any good?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on June 26, 2019, 04:18:05 AM
Why have I not seen Panzer Strategy before?  any good?

reading the steam forum, developer indicated really no longer supporting as they moved on to their new strategic mind pacific game.  they do mention owners some how getting the new game for free at some point, but details not clear and no firm plan yet.