I preordered an HTC Vive Cosmos!!!

Started by Ubercat, September 18, 2019, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

It's about content as well. If my gaming is less than 20% flight or first person type games after the initial rush what will I do with it?  It will end up being the pc version of the kitchen bread maker gathering dust and taking up shelf space

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 19, 2019, 04:45:08 PM
The whole lot of you are curmudgeons who don't understand how to get the most out of the technology.  :pullhair: With the right rig and the right settings, a good VR headset is worth every penny.   :bd:
Will VR help me play Total War or TOAW or Field of Glory?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Toonces

I'd like to try VR, but not for....gaming, if you know what I mean.   :hide:   :-"
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

I love the Idea of VR in flight sims, but in a dogfight I'll takedown someone in a vr headset any day of the week with my 4K monitor simply cause I'll spot em quicker.  I'm waiting for more tactile glove support to pair with the headset, to me that'll be the game changer.  You could justify the expense because you won't be constructing a physical cockpit.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Skoop on September 19, 2019, 06:22:00 PM
I love the Idea of VR in flight sims, but in a dogfight I'll takedown someone in a vr headset any day of the week with my 4K monitor simply cause I'll spot em quicker.  I'm waiting for more tactile glove support to pair with the headset, to me that'll be the game changer.  You could justify the expense because you won't be constructing a physical cockpit.

I've read people claim the opposite, in fact.
On a 4K monitor the pixels are much smaller (and with AA blurred even) and by design of dynamic object scaling an aircraft further out shows up as a far bigger blip (pixel) in a VR headset than on your 4K monitor.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."