Star Trek series coming in 2017

Started by steve58, November 02, 2015, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 25, 2017, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on May 25, 2017, 04:27:45 PM
Just reading Nicholas Meyer's entry in Wikipedia and found this sentence at the very bottom:

"In May 2017, Meyer announced he has written and created a new show for CBS All Access, Ceti Alpha V: A Star Trek Adventure."

Now that could be cool.

Why? In that time there should be nothing on Ceti Alpha V.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 25, 2017, 04:52:07 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 25, 2017, 04:42:40 PM
Just reading Nicholas Meyer's entry in Wikipedia and found this sentence at the very bottom:

"In May 2017, Meyer announced he has written and created a new show for CBS All Access, Ceti Alpha V: A Star Trek Adventure."

Now that could be cool.

Why? In that time there should be nothing on Ceti Alpha V.

I didn't take it as concurrent with Discovery. It sounds like a totally new show, presumably centered around Khan and his followers.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Hmm, so a 'Lord of the Flies' type show? 'Khan of the Ceti Eels'?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Game of Eels

Sons of Ceti Alpha

Madsupermen
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

I would watch Game of Eels.  ;D

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

CBS already has it in pre-production.

SirAndrewD

Hm, is there any other confirmation outside the Wiki?  There's no documentation on that entry on his page.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bbmike

^My guess is more fake news. Fake wikinews that is.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 25, 2017, 06:55:23 PM

Hm, is there any other confirmation outside the Wiki?  There's no documentation on that entry on his page.

I haven't found anything else and I spent a few minutes doing some searches.

WallysWorld

The only other mention I could find was this from 2016 so there's not much out there, but who knows. Maybe CBS is waiting to see if STD is a success.

"There's so much I learned from researching this book which is amazing, to be honest," Altman said. "I had no idea Paramount had briefly dabbled with the idea of developing a spin-off of 'Star Trek II' about Khan on Ceti Alpha V."

http://1701news.com/node/1302/fifty-year-mission-explores-trek-many-people-missed.html

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

SirAndrewD

Quote from: WallysWorld on May 25, 2017, 10:47:51 PM
The only other mention I could find was this from 2016 so there's not much out there, but who knows. Maybe CBS is waiting to see if STD is a success.

"There's so much I learned from researching this book which is amazing, to be honest," Altman said. "I had no idea Paramount had briefly dabbled with the idea of developing a spin-off of 'Star Trek II' about Khan on Ceti Alpha V."

http://1701news.com/node/1302/fifty-year-mission-explores-trek-many-people-missed.html

"STD" seems about right to me about this property.  I'm going to refer to it as that from now on.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 26, 2017, 12:56:41 AM
"STD" seems about right to me about this property.

We have a winner.

bbmike

Star Trek: Discovery Sets Premiere Date

I've enrolled Vomit Guy in an exercise program to prepare.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Steelgrave

I'm just not down with the whole CBS access thing. Had it for awhile so my wife could watch crappy CBS shows, then I swapped it out for some chick channel for her. CBS was wonky and never ran smoothly and you had to watch their damn commercials, so....nah!