Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 22, 2018, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on February 22, 2018, 11:31:30 AM
I want the new dlc but the $20.00 cost is disappointing. I'm not saying it isn't fair, it's just that my game-funds are limited. Will probably wait for the next round of sales.

My first reaction was also that the price may be a little high. $14.99 would probably have been the sweet spot.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/stellaris-apocalypse?aff_track=CJ

15% off and an extra 8% with the code LUNAR8 should get you around $15.

FarAway Sooner

I like most of the changes and am not as upset as some by the FTL change.

I've definitely enjoyed the game a lot.  I only have one gripe, and I'm hoping it's being addressed at some point:  Is the P vs E element of this game getting any love?  When I played, pirates were basically just a stack of Barbarians guarding Galactic Treasure Huts and nothing more.

Have they reworked anything in the game so that fledgling empires have to worry about anything besides expanding at maximum speed?  One of the things that really set Distant Worlds Universe apart from other games was the love given to pirates and their strong influence in the early game.  I loved fighting star fleet battles when all I had was 2 Destroyers and 5 Frigates, and I was going up against an opposing force of 3 pirate Destroyers representing the backbone of a pirate faction that had pushed me too far. 

It didn't match the epic stacks of doom I'd build later, but when it represented my entire fleet, it made for tense and satisfying early-game combat.  I'd love something similiar in Stellaris.

Geezer

Just started my first game using 2.0 and having fun with it.  I just got the game and did not have much time with the previous version so it's all new to me.  Maybe someone will put up a 2.0 tutorial on Youtube soon, although I'm doing OK with the guidance the game provides.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Which is more complex and difficult to learn...Stellaris or Endless Space 2? I have dabbled in Endless Space 2 but have no clue what I am doing. But it looks to be a fantastic game. Is Stellaris similar?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2018, 01:43:23 PM
Which is more complex and difficult to learn...Stellaris or Endless Space 2? I have dabbled in Endless Space 2 but have no clue what I am doing. But it looks to be a fantastic game. Is Stellaris similar?

I think Stellaris is the deeper game overall, but it also has a more traditional and intuitive UI. Both games are noteworthy, but I think Stellaris is easier to get into.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

Time to get carpal tunnel syndrome again.

OJsDad

JH,

Don't listen to these guys.  It absolutely sucks.  Just go enjoy your anniversary with your wife.  Maybe by the time you get back, they'll have it patched. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: OJsDad on February 22, 2018, 01:47:20 PM
JH,

Don't listen to these guys.  It absolutely sucks.  Just go enjoy your anniversary with your wife.  Maybe by the time you get back, they'll have it patched.

:2funny: :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Thank you JH. I am cursed with a great variety of scifi games lately. Cursed!

BTW the correct answer to your dilemma is to bring your gaming laptop. Where and when you operate said laptop...well, that is only limited by your imagination/perversion.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2018, 01:43:23 PM

Stellaris and it really is not close.  I have played both, and you will get a lot more milage out of Stellaris.  Highly customizable races, governments, and civics, which create some pretty interesting games.  Perfect time to jump in as the new update has totally changed the way you play (for the better).  I mean you can unleash nano bots on a planet using my Borg style machine empire... assimilation or extermination!

I recommend the DLC as well....

Silent Disapproval Robot

But does the Space Babe Union mod still work?

Gusington

You had me at Machine Empire PE.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2018, 02:27:58 PM
You had me at Machine Empire PE.

;D

They are in the Synthetic Dawn DLC..... I know this is the paradox way, but thus far each DLC has been a good edition, unlike *cough *cough some other of their games.

You, Robot:
Play Stellaris as a customized robotic civilization, complete a series of robotic portraits for science robots, worker robots, and more

AI, eh? Aye!:
Follow new event chains and story features to lead your robot race to greatness as an intergalactic AI empire; pursue mechanical perfection in the stars

Rise of the Machines:
Oppressed synths may rebel against their masters and form new empires -- or you may even discover a fallen synthetic civilization deep in space

bbmike

Do you have to use Sectors in this game? I never really figured them out.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

There are mods to turn them off.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.