It's friday you crybabies

Started by Anguille, May 19, 2017, 02:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I started the Aksum campaign but they're way off south by themselves and after wandering around a couple of turns and not finding anybody, I switched to the Goths. I know Hymar or whoever is across the Red Sea to the east are your closest targets but Aksum doesn't even have a port at the beginning much less a navy and I didn't want to wait for some action to start. But I may go back to them at some point. They seem interesting.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

The weather looks like it will be decent this weekend, so putting up the pool, building a retaining wall flower bed and other assorted yard duties. Probably get in a bike ride with my daughter. As far as gaming i'll continue a Panzer Battles PBEM. After my major fail as the Germans in France, just took to many armor casualties but i did KIA 2000 frenchmen but armor losses were 2 to 1 in his favor. His used the Somua's tank groups effectively. We have moved on to the desert with me being the Brits and he's Rommel, after 9 turns out of 16 the Brits are doing well delaying Rommel with minimal forces and he hasn't hit my MLR yet. I seem to have a thing for open world survival, crafting games .Picked up another EA title  "Subsistance", its early but the base of the game is there, it's a one man show so i'm sure progress will be slow but from what i've seen updates are regular.

Also after the yard duties are done i'll knock back some cold ones out on the deck and put the headphone's on and pay tribute to Chris Cornell's music career with some solo stuff and Audioslave and Soundgarden.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Cyrano

'bout to head downstairs and run fatigue for the "Six Days in October" campaign...day after the historical battle coming up.

Have discovered the joys of Manual Defensive Fire in Tiller's Napoleonic series and am really enjoying a run at Saalfeld with Doug.

Finishing up the SEVENTH Gallipoli battle with Boggit...big, big, big pounding for my Turks.

And all the Borderlands with my son...200+ hours and counting.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 19, 2017, 02:21:17 PM
Trying to fall back in love with Attila: Total War using the Radious Mod as the Visigoths but I'm just not getting that old special feeling I used to get from this one. I think we've both 'moved-on'.  :'(   So, started a new DC: Case Blue campaign as consolation-- she NEVER disappoints. And respects me in the morning.

I've been reading up on attila and Company and the new basic theory of barbarian hordes is:
1) the barbarians got organized
2) Improved their farming and built some social strata like kings and overkings
3) Beat up each other and the Romans for hundreds of years
4) Achieved the Middle ages
5) And got to Middle Ages 2
6) wondered about the next version

Nefaro

Hoping to get a long stretch of victories this weekend in Warships.

Although the influx of less capable players, who've appeared since the 'Get a Bismarck' campaign started a few days ago, hasn't helped the teams lately.  :knuppel2:

Toonces

Quote from: mirth on May 19, 2017, 04:51:37 AM
Con Weekend - http://www.huzzahcon.com/

Lots of games and debauchery

I wish you would have given me a heads up on that, I might have come up.  That's only about 3 hours from here!   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: -budd- on May 19, 2017, 09:35:21 PM
Also after the yard duties are done i'll knock back some cold ones out on the deck and put the headphone's on and pay tribute to Chris Cornell's music career with some solo stuff and Audioslave and Soundgarden.

I was watching this last night, but it was a bit too raw and I ended up turning it off.  But basically this is the show he did right before he went back to the hotel and killed himself.  The audio isn't that good, but, well, I provide for your interest.

https://youtu.be/zv_T8zzH19s
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Ok, well I wasn't planning on it, but I think Jarhead has convinced me to find and install the Unsung mod for ARMA 3 and give that a go this evening.

Maybe a bit of some version of Scourge of War, and some Mount and Blade to round things out.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on May 20, 2017, 10:18:29 AM
Ok, well I wasn't planning on it, but I think Jarhead has convinced me to find and install the Unsung mod for ARMA 3 and give that a go this evening.

Do it!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2017, 09:47:56 AM

Although the influx of less capable players, who've appeared since the 'Get a Bismarck' campaign started a few days ago, hasn't helped the teams lately.  :knuppel2:

Finished off my day of World of Warships Premium this morning (after games yesterday with Nef, Hancock and another). Going to try studying this afternoon, and then Waterloo tonight on Asid's TS.

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on May 20, 2017, 09:53:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 19, 2017, 04:51:37 AM
Con Weekend - http://www.huzzahcon.com/

Lots of games and debauchery

I wish you would have given me a heads up on that, I might have come up.  That's only about 3 hours from here!   >:(

Was 5 months not enough notice?

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18808.msg499583#msg499583
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 20, 2017, 11:47:56 AM

Finished off my day of World of Warships Premium this morning (after games yesterday with Nef, Hancock and another). Going to try studying this afternoon, and then Waterloo tonight on Asid's TS.

If it goes as badly for me as it did yesterday, I may not be WOWS'ing much this weekend either!   :uglystupid2:

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2017, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: Tuna on May 20, 2017, 11:47:56 AM

If it goes as badly for me as it did yesterday, I may not be WOWS'ing much this weekend either!   :uglystupid2:

Waterloo, Waterloo, Waterloo!!!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!