Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 07, 2018, 08:18:59 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 07, 2018, 08:12:43 AM
Goodness gracious great balls of fire!!!!

http://grogheads.com/whatever/19722#more-19722

I really thought this was going to tell me it has been released or will be released soon:)

My hunch is that it is very close to release based on the screens and level of hype. My money is on a reveal date for pre-orders, but with luck, we'll actually get to pre-purchase today after the announcement!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Wow.   Concur, I had to do a few double takes some of those pictures are so realistic they look like photos.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this.  If it's even close to expectations, I may be insta-buying this, Nevada, and then taking about a week of vacation, holing up in the man cave with my computer, a bottle of scotch, and my TopGun soundtrack cassette tape.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Wonder how much it would be

Toonces

Gotta be $79.99 right?

I didn't know about the community A-4.  Dayum, Nevada, F-14s, A-4s, and F-5s?  I may never leave the house again.   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Wondering if higher this time

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on October 07, 2018, 10:49:11 AM
Gotta be $79.99 right?

I didn't know about the community A-4.  Dayum, Nevada, F-14s, A-4s, and F-5s?  I may never leave the house again.   :notworthy:

Community A-4 was supposed to be out this month, but was recently pushed back to mid-November. Still, looks fantastic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Maybe.  I dunno, man.  I mean a good PMDG aircraft like the 737 runs something like $80, so it's not beyond the realm of good taste; FSX has been doing this model for ages.

What I'm awaiting is to see the state of the aircraft functionally.  I know one of the big advances they were working on was an AI RIO.  If they've stuck to the DCS model of uncompromising realism, this jet is going to be impossible to fly without the AI working the back seat controls.  Well, fight, not fly.

I haven't booted up DCS in probably 2 years.   I just know how painful it's going to be to get it installed, updated, get the HOTAS fired back up....it seems like a weekend's worth of work.  I guess I could at least get the download started.

Toonces

In the event I'm not the only person who was unaware of the community A-4, here are some videos I found.

Jarhead0331

I think I posted some of these videos and screen shots a few pages back...it really looks awesome. I've always loved the scooter.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Reveal stream live. Amazing. Preorders open.

http://heatblur.se
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Jarhead0331

Meanwhile, there actually some COMPLAINING about the reveal video in the DCS forums. Goddammit, I hate people.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Wow, multiplayer pilot and RIO?! 

I think I'm in fellas.   :smitten:

Toonces

Also, just in case it's not clear to you (it wasn't to me), the preorder is at store.heatblur.com

Cost is on sale $70.

It can be kind of hard to find with all of the damn t-shirt boxes to sort through.  Lame on that.   ::)

Was there a release date mentioned?  I don't believe I saw that.

Grim.Reaper

i bought my pre order right from main store of dcs