Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

2.5.1 is the newest version, but aparently it causes issues with A-10C TAD/SADL and the KA-50's Shkval screen.

There is no need to uninstall. You can user the updater.exe to revert or upgrade to a specific version at will, regardless of it being release or beta.
You can also use it to revert to a clean install.

Skatezilla created a tool that makes a UI for the updater.exe here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053&highlight=updater
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2018, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on April 27, 2018, 02:54:17 AM
If somebody who has the Ka 50 could please check what he has as a Shkval image after the 2.5.1 update (with the deferred shading).

All I'm getting now is a bright grey blur making it almost impossible to see any targets.
Changing Shkval settings in the cockpit (brightness, ..) didn't help.
I have the KA50, but I'm not sure I could remember how to setup the Shikval (in fact I don't know I ever could) - and also I don't know if I have 2.5.1. I won't have time to check this weekend, but if I get a chance at some point I'll have a look.

Thanks.

After checking their forums a bit more I'm finding more and more problems people are having, so I guess my problem is also related to this deferred shading not working as it should :

DS here to stay, good bye cockpits?
well it seems all those who couldn't see there instruments/lighting etc in cockpits are just doomed.

now we cannot switch DS off, so in a lot of pits, they are bleached out white, even turning the gamma down only helps a small amount.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207221

With DS on i have less 20 FPS not using VR

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207051

In time, all cockpits will be redone so they look beautiful and realistic with Deferred Shadown turned on.

You can see here that ED has already acklowedged the issue for the Ka-50. I guess the Su-25T fixing is also a "top priority" as it is often the first module people get to play with. Third party devs will also update their aircrafts

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206017

JudgeDredd

Well, bugger

Introducing changes to the overall environment (DCS World) and releasing it before making sure all modules can handle said changes/are updated is a very bad idea in programming.
Alba gu' brath

RyanE

"New OFFLINE mode is now implemented. User can turn on OFFLINE mode that allows the game to be used without internet identification and without a time limit. Note: user must turn off OFFLINE mode on the same PC. OFFLINE mode cannot be turned off from another PC even with the same user's login"

Like that's not gonna cause some issues during PC crashes.

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2018, 09:35:29 AM
Well, bugger

Introducing changes to the overall environment (DCS World) and releasing it before making sure all modules can handle said changes/are updated is a very bad idea in programming.

Wish I read this before installing 2.5.1  https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2249076&postcount=2

The Current Release Version is : 2.5.0.15365
The Current Open Beta Version is 2.5.1.16543

Going back to 2.5.0 ...   (I also use the app Yskonyn mentioned and can recommend it - use the Advanced Update Options Panel to go back to a previous version)

Nefaro

They apparently added the Chinese version of the Su-27 Flanker, the J-11A.

From what I gathered, the most notable change in DCS is that the J-11A will be able to carry R-77 AHMs.  That should make the F-15 vs Su-27 multi-player BVR more interesting.  Once their gfx tinkering is done, anyway.  Sounds like I'll be sticking with 2.5.0 if I go Air Quake soon.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3465662

Jarhead0331

The Hornet and the Persian Gulf map are confirmed to be coming this month! I was so excited when I read confirmation of this that I may have peed a little...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

O0

Just picked me up some Persian Gulf terrain  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Against my better judgement, strongly thinking of picking up the Hornet, especially while  it is a little cheaper......I just want to love these games, but I always struggle with the complexity....anybody know how long the Hornet and Persian Gulf map will remain on sale?  Up until release I am guessing?

Yskonyn

I seem to recall once early access has been made available (later this month) the price will rise.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 12, 2018, 08:27:12 AM
I seem to recall once early access has been made available (later this month) the price will rise.

Thanks...I watched a video and I believe they confirmed what you said....available until early access later this month.....decisions, decisions, decisions.

Pete Dero

2 new videos in less than 24 hours ...

Pete Dero

And the Grim Reapers got early access ..

JudgeDredd

I fired up DCS yesterday and went for a run in the Harrier. I noticed a couple of things...

• I went through the Cold and Dark mission for the Harrier and was quickly reminded how fast it was to start from cold (not doing ALL checks obvs). However, on subsequent attempts to get it started, the engines would not start. I was following exactly what I had done the first time, but those engines would not fire. It took me coming out of DCS and going back in to be able to perform the mission again...but subsequent attempts resulted in failure again. I'm assuming this is a Harrier module issue
  • There are air contrails coming off the top of the wings even though I was siting on the tarmac...these never disappeared. I'm assuming this is a DCS World issue

Anyone else? I'm kind of sceptical of the first issue and wondered if it was my (broken?) joystick which still forces me to hard reboot my system when I unplug it. I'm really going to have to get another stick and unfortunately it'll probably be nothing fancy (not that I use all the controls on this stick).
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

The fuel shutoff lever is finnicky in the Harrier. Its not a bug, but the lever is hard to see and when going all the way to idle/cutoff the lever pops back into the shutoff position.
Read up on it in the manual and see how it works (mechanically). It causes me to raise my eyebrows on several occasions as well and, like you, I was puzzled why I couldn't fire the engine up at first.