Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I don't know what they've done with DCS 2.2 - but it's slow as molasses. Unusable at the minute for me.
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

DCS World v2.5 now officially promised by the end of Jan 2018 by Wags.
1.5 will be obsolete and unsupported from there on out.
Open Alpha (2.2) will be deleted.
Open Beta (1.5.8) will be patched into 2.5.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 16, 2017, 04:46:57 PM
DCS World v2.5 now officially promised by the end of Jan 2018 by Wags.
1.5 will be obsolete and unsupported from there on out.
Open Alpha (2.2) will be deleted.
Open Beta (1.5.8) will be patched into 2.5.

I can only imagine how buggy v2.5 will be for awhile.  :-\

Hell, yesterday's attempt at v1.5 left me with some shitty framerate stutter when moving my head w/ the TrackIR.  It wasn't like that last time I got in the 1.5 DCS cockpit.  Did they recently screw up another patch?  #:-)

Then, I switched over to v2.2 and began to edit a quick mission when the client just black screened and froze.  Had to kill it in the process list.  ::)  I was done screwing with them for the night, at that point.  Plenty other stuff to do that isn't buggy.

I hope they test their big update thoroughly because these weekly updates have been causing issues enough to be concerned.

JudgeDredd

I noticed a bad framerate issue in 2.2 that I hadn't noticed before in 2.?

I then jumped into 1.5 and it was fine

:-\
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

1.5.8 has a confirmed framerate issue, but the only reports I saw were multiplayer related.
But it would be logical to have SP inconsistencies perhaps.

2.2 runs silky smooth on my rig.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Frame rate drop for me in 2.2 makes it unusable. I don't know where that's came from - considering I've never had a frame rate issue on Nevada unless I was going over Vegas itself.

This video (ignore the terrible take off) doesn't even show the worst of it

When I was sitting on the tarmac starting the bird up it stuttered to the point that at several times I'd thought the game had hung.

I thought it might be the Harrier as it's new - but same thing happened when I jumped in the Mirage. I thought it might be TrackIR - so I switched it off...same thing.

Zero problems with 1.5.?
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

From your video I'd say your framerate is fine, but you have some freezes due to objects loading in or your processor bottlenecking or something.
Is 2.2 installed on an SSD?

JudgeDredd

Yeah when I was talking about frame rate I wasn't meaning average frame rate. Maybe I should've been clearer - stuttering. I just classed it (loosely) as frame rate. But like I said - what's in the video is nothing compared to sitting on the tarmac. Also - when on the tarmac, it's not like the loading was occurring and everything was smooth - the stuttering persisted.

It's bad enough that 2.x (which was my go to load up for DCS) has now given way to 1.5.x because that version is playable.

It is on an SSD - though my point is that this wasn't here prior to the last update. Like I said above - 2.x was my go to load for DCS. Mind you - it's not like I fire DCS up on a daily (or even a weekly) basis.

I've not got a JH system but I wouldn't say it's a slouch either.

I'll monitor CPU, system RAM, GPU and VRAM later.
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 19, 2017, 06:48:27 AM
you can also try to repair your install

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030
Thanks - I forgot you could do that (though I'm now recalling (vaguely) having to do that fairly recently).

I'll check tonight again...look at the components - see what's being stressed. I've been eyeing 16GB RAM and a new GPU recently...maybe it's time (not to fix this issue...just 'cos)
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 18, 2017, 12:59:02 PM
1.5.8 has a confirmed framerate issue, but the only reports I saw were multiplayer related.
But it would be logical to have SP inconsistencies perhaps.

2.2 runs silky smooth on my rig.

Yes, it was multi-player framerate issues which has popped up after a recent patch.

There are also returning loadout issues with the MiG-21 in MP.  There were some Fishbed fixes in the latest one, so they must've broke them again (not being able to load the countermeasure blocks, and drop tank).

I hope they actually do some testing on their v2.5 release.  Because these updates, for the two different versions, don't seem to get much of it.

Jarhead0331

I want the Hornet...really badly.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

You are not alone! Let's adopt the huddle position and keep eachother warm until we get saved by 2.5 and the Hornet!  :buck2:

Nefaro

Same.

I'm still concerned how the price points of these new releases keep going up, however.  Especially when the DCS World releases are so often buggy and modules being released as incomplete Betas.

Doubt I'll purchase any new modules until after v2.5 is released and in decent shape.  After encountering bugs in the weekly updates every time I want to go on a DCS multi-player binge, the need for reliability has been increasing for me. 

Can't bring myself to drop $70 or $80 on an F-18 Beta while still encountering regular issues.  I'll leave the high-priced Beta testing to others, and wish them luck. 

Tactical Wargamer

Hey guys newbie looking to get into DCS. Have the VR headset now just looking for a decent HOTAS set. What would you recommend? Do you guys have set group that fly together? Watching all the videos I can get my hands on. I take it start slow with the SU25? Cheers
@TacticWargamer