Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 19, 2016, 12:16:01 PM

Just got this in the mailbox :

DCS World 2.5 Update

Perhaps our biggest focus is on the huge DCS World 2.5 Update that will unify DCS World 1.5 and 2.0. Not only will the DCS World 2.5 be one version to rule them all, it will also include a vastly improved Caucasus map. Features of the new map will include improved and higher resolution textures and elevation mesh, improved trees, higher density of ground objects, improved lighting and shadowing, terrain projected shadows, procedural grass, and other improvements. Best of all, this will be our free gift to you.

DCS World 2.5 is still on track to be available in 2016.

Hope they take their time in bug crushing before release. 

Nefaro

Preliminary F-18 eye candy has been showing up, I see.

Pete Dero

DCS: NEVADA + Red Flag Campaigns on sale (-30%) : 48,99 $   (and some more deals at -30% : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/special_offers/)

But : requires DCS World version 2.0!
I currently have the latest 1.5 installed.  Can you run 1.5 and 2.0 next to each other ?
Because if I am correct for the time being you need 1.5 to run the campaigns in the Caucasus and 2.0 to run the campaigns in Nevada right ?

Skoop

^ yes, they are working on merging installs but when that happens is on Dcs time so stand by to stand by.  It will be awesome when it's done though.

JudgeDredd

I'm fed up of their bundle sales. I wish they'd put individual modules on sale...bundle sales are no good to me  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 02, 2016, 04:49:02 PM
I'm fed up of their bundle sales. I wish they'd put individual modules on sale...bundle sales are no good to me  :'(

This.

I expect some all-around sale to show up in the next few months.  I don't expect the Mirage or F-5 to be in it, though.   :(  At $60, those things better be filled with digital crack.

Saw some mention of someone also doing a Mirage F-1.   O0  Wonder which other post-60s aircraft are in the pipes besides that and the F-18C.

Nefaro

Speak of the devil -

Autumn 2016 Sale!

With autumn upon us, it's time for another big seasonal sale! Starting today at 1500 GMT and lasting until 26 September 2016
at 0900 GMT, we are offering 40% off on all DCS modules except DCS: F-5E Tiger II and DCS: SA342 Gazelle. This sale is only for countries outside of the EAEU.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

Even the Mirage 2000 is on this sale, which surprised me a bit.   

Hope I can scrape up enough spare pocket change to get the M2000, or at least the MiG-21.   They're still $35/30 though.

Nefaro

Hrmm..

They're also going to be adding a Strait Of Hormuz map.. and another new theater for the F-14 release?  Damn!  DCS must've been taking at least a few notes regarding our environment bitching.

F-14 Alpha footage:

JudgeDredd

Excellent - thanks

I might be able to pick up the Mig-15 now. That's the only aircraft that I would like but don't have.

As for that Tomcat - SWEET  :smitten:  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Are there any plans to integrate the Black Sea stuff to 2? I'm getting a bit bored with Nevada and kind of want to start doing missions again, though I don't necessarily want to reinstall 1.5 if I can help it.

Also - the website doesn't say - is the Mig-15 v2 ready?
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2016, 08:55:00 AM
Are there any plans to integrate the Black Sea stuff to 2? I'm getting a bit bored with Nevada and kind of want to start doing missions again, though I don't necessarily want to reinstall 1.5 if I can help it.

Yes.  From what I've read, it will be added to v2 by official release.  IIRC.

Dunno.  It's a bit of a chore, trying to keep up with the DCS news.  Add the outsourced projects and you gotta dig around for details on what's going on with all the spinning plates.  The patches of info I get are mostly from 3rd party sources, and an occasional newsletter (mostly the prior).

I've also not been following the WW2 and Korean-era aircraft at all.  Always considered DCS a more modern simulator, especially considering that's what the environment was made for.  I suppose it's nice that they're finally making a France '44 map for the few WW2 aircraft, but I'd rather they spent the effort expanding their modern maps, mission generators, etc.  :-\

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2016, 08:55:00 AM

People are flying the Mig-15 in DCS world 2 but you will not find much content for it.
The only available campaign (payware) is made for 1.5.

JudgeDredd

Thanks both.

I noticed after I posted it was flyable in 2 - and there is only one mission  :'(

If they don't hurry up with the conversion to 2, I'll have to reinstall 1.5
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2016, 10:17:05 AM
I'll have to reinstall 1.5

In 1.5. you will get :

-5 tutorial missions
-5 instant action missions
-3 single missions
-1 paid campaign (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/the_museum_relic_campaign/)  but this one requires also owning the F-86 to run.

Not sure if this makes reinstalling 1.5 worth it for you.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 17, 2016, 10:37:49 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2016, 10:17:05 AM
I'll have to reinstall 1.5

In 1.5. you will get :

-5 tutorial missions
-5 instant action missions
-3 single missions
-1 paid campaign (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/the_museum_relic_campaign/)  but this one requires also owning the F-86 to run.

Not sure if this makes reinstalling 1.5 worth it for you.

Does the Random Mission Generator support Korean Era-only? 

It has dropdown options for setting platform generation restrictions on what planes/AA is spawned, right?