Questions and requests

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Use this thread to ask questions about everything and anything.
Rules you do not understand, MegaMek or MekHQ troubles, requests for the campaign, you name it. Thou shall ask!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

Any idea what is up with https://www.megamek.org/ ?

I haven't been able to get to the site for the past several hours.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Yskonyn

Same problem here.
If you google MekHQ GitHub you'll find it there as an alternate option.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

I have a question for you guys:
How involved do you want to be with rolling actions for your company like repair and maintenance rolls, acquiring ammo and the like?
Do you want MelHQ to handle it and me just posting a summary or do you want to roll yourself?
A mix is also possible where you tell me to have MekHQ roll for you when you are away for period, so the campaign kan keep on ticking. Let me know!

mirth

Quote from: mirth on April 06, 2018, 07:15:43 PM
Any idea what is up with https://www.megamek.org/ ?

I haven't been able to get to the site for the past several hours.

It's back up now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 07, 2018, 02:35:31 AM
I have a question for you guys:
How involved do you want to be with rolling actions for your company like repair and maintenance rolls, acquiring ammo and the like?
Do you want MelHQ to handle it and me just posting a summary or do you want to roll yourself?
A mix is also possible where you tell me to have MekHQ roll for you when you are away for period, so the campaign kan keep on ticking. Let me know!

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but for the sake of efficiency you may want to handle those rolls for the entire group.

Yskonyn

What about a timeframe? Like I post a request for you guys to roll up X and you have Y days to respond. No response meaning back to autopilot by MekHQ for those rolls.
Or would that be unneccesarily complicated?
I ask this, because I'd like you guys to feel included in the campaign as much as I can, outside of the actual battles in MegaMek.
Its my first time doing this as well, so I am looking to find a balance and see what works and what doesn't.
I have a very pragmatic view to this; we can (and probably will) adjust as we go. Its just nice to know the baseline of preferences.

mirth

I think us making the rolls within a given time frame works and doesn't seem overly complicated. I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P

I have MekHQ installed now and will be working on my pilot today. I also have a wealth of reading material to keep me busy.

Thanks for running this. I'm looking forward to some good, old-fashioned Battletech!

Yskonyn

Good!

Yes this has been a long time 'dream' of mine, so I am really glad to see there is interest.  O0
We can take it slow as long as people keep on participating.

JasonPratt

Do we have any new players that need a quick overview of the weapon platforms?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

I think that would be appreciated by several players!  O0

Yskonyn

What step do you think you are missing Jamus?

jamus34

Sorry Ysk I was out last night. I'll go through a dry run of the instructions you posted tonight and post up the results and where I am having issues.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

I am new to this entire thing so be gentle.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Hey guys, don't worry! We can take it slow. I'll be gentle and, if preferred, I'll keep the lube nearby.  :knuppel2: