Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Pete Dero

Our current N° 1

Listen once and it will be in your head for days.

Number one in most of Europe (but for some reason no hit in the US)

W8taminute

^Good song.  Kind of reminds me of:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

The YouTube wormhole never disappoints

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Pete Dero

Pete Dero

German wall of sound

Belgian wall of sound

MetalDog

For my friend, Steelie.   O0

Staggerwing

Transformers go a'viking?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Moreb

Hey MetalDog, do you know this one? It was rare back in the day and could only be found on european releases of Hair of the Dog in place of Love Hurts. It's a Randy Newman song but done right.

When dongles fly? - mirth

MetalDog

Never heard it before right now.  It was good, just not sure I see why it was chosen over 'Love Hurts.' 

Moreb

Quote from: MetalDog on March 02, 2019, 09:20:06 PM
Never heard it before right now.  It was good, just not sure I see why it was chosen over 'Love Hurts.'

Actually, Guilty was the original song on the album but the US release featured Love Hurts. I'm not sure why. My brothers friend gave me the album and it wasn't until years later when I saw a US version that I realized Love Hurts was a thing. Spotify does not have it. It's one of the few songs I searched for on Spotify that I couldnt find. That and Ted Nugents Papas Will.

MetalDog

Spotify is the absolute sh*t!  I wish kids could know the agony and deliciousness of listening to the radio, waiting for your song.

Moreb

Quote from: MetalDog on March 03, 2019, 12:19:59 AM
Spotify is the absolute sh*t!  I wish kids could know the agony and deliciousness of listening to the radio, waiting for your song.

Oh yeah. I would wait until my song played and hit record on cassette to grab a copy. Then I started a record collection and the money I spent......Back in the early 80's I remember paying 30 and sometimes 50 bucks for some out of print albums. They wouldn't be worth crap now even if they didnt get ruined in a flood. Heck, the Guess Who Live at the Paramount cost me $50 back in the day for a mint and a sealed Badfinger Straight Up I think I paid 60. Now everything has been re-released and remastered, screwing it up in many cases.

MetalDog

Quote from: Moreb on March 03, 2019, 12:38:26 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 03, 2019, 12:19:59 AM

Oh yeah. I would wait until my song played and hit record on cassette to grab a copy. Then I started a record collection and the money I spent......Back in the early 80's I remember paying 30 and sometimes 50 bucks for some out of print albums. They wouldn't be worth crap now even if they didnt get ruined in a flood. Heck, the Guess Who Live at the Paramount cost me $50 back in the day for a mint and a sealed Badfinger Straight Up I think I paid 60. Now everything has been re-released and remastered, screwing it up in many cases.

With you on that one.  Whitesnake's, "Here I Go Again," has been re-released and it's just awful.  Synths where guitars used to be.  Just an absolute shame.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on March 03, 2019, 09:52:22 AM
With you on that one.  Whitesnake's, "Here I Go Again," has been re-released and it's just awful.  Synths where guitars used to be.  Just an absolute shame.

You prefer the original Here I Go Again from 1982?

[yt]https://youtu.be/S83G_GW6Kr0[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers