Main Menu

The Mayans

Started by Sir Slash, September 05, 2018, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The spiritual successor to Sons of Anarchy, The Mayans premiered last night on FX-- being re-shown tonight late. Not bad, not great but, not bad. Kind of slow to develop and much like SoA, in fact they have a cameo in the episode as does Jemma, but with some surprises thrown in. I'll stick around for now just cause I got nothing better to do.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

I liked it. Surprised to see Gemma in a flashback. Delighted to see some reapers.
Any time is a good time for pie.

MetalDog

Just saw this On Demand last night and had no idea it was out.  Think I am going to wait for the season to finish and then binge it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Centurion40

Episode 4 and I'm still digging it.

Sir Slash

I like it too, not like SoA, but good enough to keep me coming back for more.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Not entirely sure about it yet...maybe too much loyalty to SOA.  Certainly watchable but not to give away any spoilers, seemed like they played their hand very early in the series where some of the story lines could have been a secret a little longer.  Feels a little rushed but maybe that is what they are after.  I do wonder if it ends up getting another season....hope so.

Sir Slash

Season 1 is over already?  :o  Nice SoA tie-in at the end. Good series but not enough boobies.

Centurion40

Happy's been a bad boy.

Sir Slash

Maybe it was his 'evil twin'. Mine gets me in trouble all the time, though admittedly not through robbery and murder.

Steelgrave

Happy's always been a bad boy, he was just our bad boy   8)