Main Menu

Eve of Friday

Started by Anguille, December 21, 2018, 03:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on December 24, 2018, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 24, 2018, 10:11:24 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on December 23, 2018, 06:37:23 PM
I had the Gettysburg version sitting in my library forever.  Your enthusiasm, Gus made me finally try it.  Ended up buying the full version.  Great game so far.  Feel like Civil War Generals 2 meets Close Combat.

LOVED CWG2!  Now, tell me what Close Combat is like enough to make the comparison in my own head.  Cuz, so far, I am intrigued...

It has the same campaign/role playing elements as CWG2 plus the RTS stylings of CC.  I don't think I could explain CC but as someone who doesn't like RTS games, this one is pausable so it makes reacting and issuing orders manageable.

Its a good game, especially for the cheap prices...but I still find it a bit hectic/gamey for my personal taste....even with the pausing.

Toonces

^ Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that.  It's not SoW, but it IS a fun little Civil War game when you don't want the serious brain-burn of SoW.

Again, think Cold Waters vs. Silent Hunter.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Pausable and the speed is also adjustable :)

In other news, I was able to get Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion to finally work on my PC.

Is the DLC worth it? Got it in my Steam cart now, along with Majesty (the updated 'HD' version).

Also forgot to mention this yesterday - I got a copy of Fantasy General for free from GOG with my purchase of The Saboteur. Fired it up just to check it out and it looks really good, I have to say...especially for a 20+ year old game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd