Honest Game or Excellent Parody?

Started by bayonetbrant, August 24, 2012, 09:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

You decide!

QuoteFrom the Introduction:

Car Lesbians is an exciting new game from /tg/ that can be played in as little as ten minutes or as long as a full campaign, depending on what the players and Dykemaster (DM) want.

The premise is simple: you have a car and you are a lesbian. You must make out with other girls while riding in your car and making your car awesome. There are only two stats. These are Hotness and Car, and both are ranked 1-10 with normal people having a five in both (average looks / people carrier). Having a ten in each stat would make you smoking hot / give you a turbo-charged custom built Bond car.

This game uses a dice pool system: when you make a check, you roll a d6 for every point you have in that stat and count the number of successes. A 4 or 5 counts as one success, a roll of 6 counts as two successes, and each 1 is -1 success. If you get below 0 successes you have a critical failure; the DM will decide what happens next.

^^ links are SFW - it's BGG

Apparently it started out as a 'crazy idea' thread at 4chan before slowly morphing into an honest attempt at a game.

^^ link also SFW at a wiki site, but the links from there are QFW, so YMMV
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

besilarius

Sounds like something that SPI's designer, Greg Costikyan, would come up with.
He did Creature that Ate Sheboygan, and others.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.