Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

Can I get something like a 6 hour delay? I won't make it home from work today before the timer expires.

JasonPratt

Quote from: byrdman57 on July 09, 2013, 10:50:39 AM
Can I get something like a 6 hour delay? I won't make it home from work today before the timer expires.

I just bumped it forward 6 hours. (I had a similar problem today with Groghammer; miscalculated when the turn would turnover, and so didn't run my turn yesterday.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Phobos over at the DawnGrog game notes that Llamaserver has updated to run Illwinter's 3.29 patch.

Apparently we'll all need to download and install the patch, and then replay/resend our turns to the server, just to be safe.

Consequently I'm bumping the game clock forward a couple of days, just to make sure everyone has patched and run their turn with no problems.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Good call! Resubmitted.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

byrdman57

Huw you butcher! You've massacred every last person in Abitopolis!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 09, 2013, 01:29:53 PM
Phobos over at the DawnGrog game notes that Llamaserver has updated to run Illwinter's 3.29 patch.

Apparently we'll all need to download and install the patch, and then replay/resend our turns to the server, just to be safe.

Consequently I'm bumping the game clock forward a couple of days, just to make sure everyone has patched and run their turn with no problems.

Crap.

I suppose this means we'll have to reinstall the mods too?  CBM at the least?  Hell... is there even a new CBM out for the latest patch version?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: byrdman57 on July 09, 2013, 10:09:52 PM
Huw you butcher! You've massacred every last person in Abitopolis!

Heh.  A parting gift, I guess.  :-\

Yskonyn

Quote from: Nefaro on July 09, 2013, 11:03:21 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 09, 2013, 01:29:53 PM

Crap.

I suppose this means we'll have to reinstall the mods too?  CBM at the least?  Hell... is there even a new CBM out for the latest patch version?

No need. All works fine.
We didn't update CBM with 3.28 either. The mod it not tied to version numbers of the game.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Over at Groghammer, the report is that turns already submitted with 3.28 should work fine, but upgrade to 3.29 before processing the next turn.

I don't see how that fits together: if they're saying 3.28 isn't going to work next turn, and 3.29 is already in place at the server... my guess is that 3.28 is probably safe (the Llama guy's phrasing suggests this) but that they've going to implement code to check versions after new turns generate.

I dang well upgraded before running my turns yesterday.  ;)

Nefaro

So.. I'm a bit confuzzled now.

Should we upgrade & reinstall CBM over the top of the new version? Or should we continue using 3.28 until it says we can't?

I'm a bit wary of installing a game update in the middle of a multi-player match.  Who knows what may go BOOM.  :o

parone

Nef, I just installed the patch and did nothing with CBM.  I have had no problems yet...

Yskonyn

JasonPratt

Ditto. CBM should be unaffected, but after all it affects the game so logically there's a possibility it affects something in a way that breaks an adjustment made in the patch.

If that's true, however, then we're screwed either way, because upgrading to the new patch isn't optional. But the game applies mods on top of vanilla, so whatever happens we won't have to re-install CBM. (Not unless CBM has to be updated, and who knows whether or when that will be.)

In short: upgrade vanilla to 3.94 and go along; the game will apply CBM over that, no need to reinstall CBM at all. If a conflict occurs the game is screwed, but Llamaserver is going to require 3.94. So we might as well forge ahead and pray.

(Applicable to my Grogheads game since in this game I have released my pet Ghidoras into the wild with my blessing. {sniffle})

Phobos

You will need the patch for your game to read new turn files sent out by llamaserver.  You don't need to upgrade to send in turns you are currently playing.

byrdman57

I'm going to be off the grid this weekend until Sunday evening. My current turn is in, but if the following turn is going to host before Sunday night, I'll need an extension.