Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

No the timer hasn't been changed. Not by me anyway...
:)

But Llama is acting up. On the other game it made me stale for the turn before the last one, eventhough I had delayed it.
So its a bit untrustworthy once you start fiddling with the turn delays it seems.
Not that I was in a good shape anyway. ;)

I will check and reset the turn intervals if needed.

Edit: Hmz, indeed the turn interval was set at 96 hours. Must have forgotten to change it back after my trip. My apologies. But as Jason said; the turn interval doesn't prevent us from having a quicker game. The system hosts the next turn if everyone has sent in their turn, regardless of hours left on the interval.
It's just a way to force hosting if there are staling players.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Heh!  I thought the last cycle showed three or four days until the next deadline after I checked.  ;D

That may have inadvertantly helped out anyway.

Phobos

What are the odds we will get a new turn before Saturday? 

undercovergeek

we could get yskonyn to bombard utgard with turn reminder emails  :P

Phobos

That helps for this turn, but not the next.

I could put up a 1000 gold bounty on the destruction of Utgard.  Problem solved, assuming the bounty hunter will accept a payment plan.  That would not be 'in character' for my nation though, so I probably wont do that.

undercovergeek

do you have weekend plans? besides wanton destruction and bounty hunting?

Phobos

Nothing too exiting; a seminar on native botany/mycology.

Huw the Poo

I feel it would be more productive to petition the administrator of the game to shorten the turn timer than to pick on someone about whose personal life we have no idea.

Why is the turn timer so long, anyway?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2013, 04:35:57 PM
I feel it would be more productive to petition the administrator of the game to shorten the turn timer than to pick on someone about whose personal life we have no idea.

Why is the turn timer so long, anyway?

blimey - i just saw the turn timer - no idea whats happened there

for all admins - 'the players will not police themselves!!!!'

Phobos

Who is picking on anyone?

The destruction of Utgard would shorten the turn interval.  That is not malicious, it's stating the obvious.

I'm quite happy to continue playing at a glacial pace, it's what I signed up for.

parone

oddly, the timer on llama shows a 48 hour interval-not that that solves anything...

Yskonyn

What's up with the jammering about the turn timer?
We agreed on a 48hr interval did we not? Llama shows just that for me.. ;)
Once the 48 hours are up and Utgard hasnt sent in a turn he will stale.
I have received no message to delay the game.

Edit: Ah! I now see what you mean... Odd. The next duedate is pretty far ahead.
I'll shorten it. There has been much more time than 48 hours, I agree.
Probably forgot to bring the postponement back or something. Either that or Llama is being finnicky again, which is a pretty good probability too.

I'll shoot a message to Corwin.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee    :P

as my five year old daughter likes to say to me

parone

ya, good job ysko.  im cool with whatever the timer is, but it's good to notify anyone before you change it(especially shorten it).

see, i told you guys Ysko is an ace admin!

Phobos

Yay!

Bounty on Utgard is off.

Bounty on Ermor is on.  1000 gold.