Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Well, I for one hope I don't have personal issues crop up anytime soon for me, as I would not want to have aspersion cast on my motives as well as having to deal with the personal issues.

(not that I've recently suffered any massive defeats)(so far as anyone knows)(in this game)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Phobos

I don't think there is anything more to the situation than has already been posted.

Gameleaper and I were talking tough in-character, but expressing that this was all about fun out-of-character.  We wished each other the best of luck in our little contest.  Luck just happened to favour me this time.

While the timing of his disappearence might make some people suspicious, I don't think there is anything sinister or unsportsmanlike going on.

I just thought it best to inform everyone that his nation is in a war, which is something a replacement player should know.

undercovergeek

Well said that man

And no matter how small you make the writing jason its still the truth!!!

parone

ahhh well.  i suppose i sound jaded.  but since i have been in a few more games, i can tell you that people often do quit early on if they lose a big battle.  and this type of thing tends to derail games pretty quickly, which can be a real bummer.  perhaps gameleaper really does have other issues(although, i mean, the guy is named gameLEAPER ;D)

i'll tell you one thing i have NEVER seen:  somebody winning tons of battles and they need to quit.

we are very lucky to have monsieur pratt, who seems willing to put the legwork in to find subs. that is the biggest challenge of most admins: dealing with droppers and finding subs.

so thank you jason, for addressing this.  and if everyone thinks im a grumpy person who tends to see the bad in folks...hey, i'm trying to improve my outlook!

Ogaburan

Greetings,

Im here regarding the potential servitude under Bogus...

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 12, 2013, 07:52:13 AM
In conclusion: whoever takes over for LAArco should be prepared to become the servant of Bogarus. And by "servant" I mean the kind of servant you might find in a Russian prison.  ::)
If its not in a sexual way, then it sounds good.
(form the MA-open-game forum)

Im a total noob tho, literally been playing for weeks (2!) now... i already despise the AI, so i might not be so bad.
Tho im probably not aware to all the creative solutions that might seem obvious to even less veteran players.

The idea to of taking charge of a "broken" nation under the vassalage of another player really appeals to me. As its a great situation to learn form former mistakes and see some player tactics "LIVE". Been reading some ARR's... but nothing compares.

I dunno how the rules stand, if you guys will frown upon me and my Russian-Sugar-Daddy being bff's and him telling me more or less what to do.

I'll also wont get offended if you tell me im too damn noob to be a proper sub.
I have something in common with Arco, an elephant's thick skin.

Cheers,
Oga.

Phobos

The only thing I know about Russian prisons comes from the movie Fortress 2 and some news articles I read about the band Pussy Riot.

If you want an end to hostilities, that suits me just fine.  I will not be changing my current orders, but I'll hold off any further attacks against Arco until you at least feel comfortable with running the nation.

The gold I would spend on the war to capture Arco's fort, is gold I could spend on building a new fort of my own, so I'm comfortable with war or peace. 

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ogaburan on April 12, 2013, 08:53:49 AM
Greetings,

Im here regarding the potential servitude under Bogus...

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 12, 2013, 07:52:13 AM
In conclusion: whoever takes over for LAArco should be prepared to become the servant of Bogarus. And by "servant" I mean the kind of servant you might find in a Russian prison.  ::)
If its not in a sexual way, then it sounds good.
(form the MA-open-game forum)

Im a total noob tho, literally been playing for weeks (2!) now... i already despise the AI, so i might not be so bad.
Tho im probably not aware to all the creative solutions that might seem obvious to even less veteran players.

The idea to of taking charge of a "broken" nation under the vassalage of another player really appeals to me. As its a great situation to learn form former mistakes and see some player tactics "LIVE". Been reading some ARR's... but nothing compares.

I dunno how the rules stand, if you guys will frown upon me and my Russian-Sugar-Daddy being bff's and him telling me more or less what to do.

I'll also wont get offended if you tell me im too damn noob to be a proper sub.
I have something in common with Arco, an elephant's thick skin.

Cheers,
Oga.

youre a good man - thanks for stepping in - i didnt realise Jason actually slept but im sure hell be along soon to add you to the game and we can fire out the next turn

JasonPratt

yyeaaahhhh.... I'm not actually the admin for this game, Ysk is. :)

He'll be back Sunday or something like that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

arse biscuits

i got so used to you doing the MA one!

parone

actually, if ysko shared the password, jason or even i could help him co admin.  actually since he seems to be absent a good deal of the time, that might be a good idea

Yskonyn

Does that make a difference? We still cannot play a turn if you dont want me to stale All the time. :D

I am sorry I have to go away so much lately. Not expected it to be this much, but the company is going through a bit of a change.

Anyway, I dont think our 48 hour game suffers too much, do you?

I hope Leaper has not set a password for his game. Otherwise we need to get a hold of him to fetch it. ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

wait? what?

why do people keep invading me!

as i said to the vile commander of Midgard troops -

whilst trying to maintain character for the sake of RP purposes -

oh no you didnt

its on biatch

obviously to be translated into Pythium Latin at some later stages so that tales may be told of the fall of Midgard and why

Yskonyn

Crap! The system hosted a turn eventhough I had put in a request for postponement... :(
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Phobos

On second thought, charity does not become me.

I think I'll be pushing through Arcoscephale on my march toward Ermor.