Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

Awesome. I have my pretender ready to go, but to avoid causing trouble this weekend I will submit it when I get home on Sunday.

Phobos

Just signing in to let you all know I have not disappeared.

I forgot to enable the mods when designing a pretender god, so I'll have to go back to the drawing board in order to ensure there will be no major differences or surprises in my opening moves.  I can't control what independants I start next to, but given my nation's horrible starting army, I want to try and ensure I don't suffer a critical existance failure by turn 6.

CBM modifies the costs and effectiveness of certain units, as well as the Dominion scales, so I'll spend some time this evening fiddling around with my design and submit my revised pretender ASAP.

undercovergeek

designing tomorrow

has anyone got a link to the map?

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Phobos on March 15, 2013, 01:05:02 AMI can't control what independants I start next to, but given my nation's horrible starting army, I want to try and ensure I don't suffer a critical existance failure by turn 6.

CBM modifies the costs and effectiveness of certain units, as well as the Dominion scales, so I'll spend some time this evening fiddling around with my design and submit my revised pretender ASAP.

I don't know if this is a CBM mod factor, but I can testify that the independents infesting the map over on the EA game are quite gnarly.

....not that I'm saying they've repeatedly slaughtered me and now I am helplessly far behind everyone else in the game. I'm not saying that.  :-X

I'm just saying. Prepare. Yes, prepare.   :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

That would be the Independents 7 setting. By default it is set at 5.
We wanted to work for our expansion, so we agreed to crank it up to 7. It's usually a SP move to make the game a bit harder, but I find it gives a nice sharp edge to MP games too. It's not just the other nations to worry about, the independents have teeth too and sometimes a bad invasion can make you have to alter your short term plan due to attrition.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

yup i remember the call for hard ass independants - and they are - 40 heavy cavalry and 40 heavy infantry was not a fun surprise

Vlam

It's Gath, not Garth ;) .
Set them at 9 else?

I just resent my pretender with every mod activated,I didn't turn on graphical ones.

I'll pick Ulm another time, I've been testing Gath so far and they seem pleasant to play too!

undercovergeek

you sure - im definitely Pythium whatever the front screen says!!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Vlam on March 15, 2013, 09:27:13 AM
It's Gath, not Garth ;) .
Set them at 9 else?

I just resent my pretender with every mod activated,I didn't turn on graphical ones.

I'll pick Ulm another time, I've been testing Gath so far and they seem pleasant to play too!

im not sure this worked the first time round - Jason did the same i think, made one, realised the error and tried to upload the new one but it didnt take without a game restart

Corwin123

My pretender is in as far as I can tell.  Got the email and my nation appears on the list.

Being this is my first MP, I don't expect to last too long.  So, let me say thanks now for letting me in and I look forward to getting to know the group as we go.  I hope to learn a lot, so I am open to any critiques or advice along the way.

Good luck everyone

Huw the Poo

Don't worry Corwin, I'm new as well - the other game we have going is my first.  I'll race you to be the first to die gloriously!

undercovergeek

Corwin123