IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2020, 06:37:40 PM
So when you're discussing Steel Fury, do you mean Kharkov? Where is the best place to buy it? I haven't seen it available on Steam.

Yeah, Kharkov.  I have an old copy from Gamersgate.  Still seems to be available there. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Well.  The Reapers are now playing Tank Crew..so that's a solid indication that it's going to have a good community as it grows...

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

^Looks like fun!  I really need to find time to get back into the game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 26, 2020, 06:43:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2020, 06:37:40 PM
So when you're discussing Steel Fury, do you mean Kharkov? Where is the best place to buy it? I haven't seen it available on Steam.

Yeah, Kharkov.  I have an old copy from Gamersgate.  Still seems to be available there.

Another legal option : https://www.wingamestore.com/product/5091/Steel-Fury-Kharkov-1942/

Gusington

Thanks Pete/Andrew. No one plays or mods Mius Front or Operation Star?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 27, 2020, 09:40:31 PM
https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SFURY/steel-fury-kharkov-1942

Can't testify to how stable it runs, but presumably works?

It works and it's stable.  It runs on my new rig that I got in November.  I haven't tweaked it for 21:9 support but that's because I've been busy with other things.

JasonPratt

Mmmmm... might need to install that! (I've had a copy since soon after GG started operation.)

Is the mod from ModDB, or where can it be found?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 28, 2020, 01:56:28 PM
Mmmmm... might need to install that! (I've had a copy since soon after GG started operation.)

Is the mod from ModDB, or where can it be found?

STA mod : http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22684.0

Dammit Carl!

Don't know who's in the know 'bout this 'round here, but peep your IL2 profile for discount code(s) - I had two and would think that if you've an existing account, you may have some too - to apply towards purchases up till April 16th, I think.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2019, 12:31:23 PM
IL2 just released an update of some kind through Steam that took my PC a few minutes to digest.

Airplanes?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 01, 2020, 09:24:30 AM
$69.99 with a 15% discount. More than I thought it would be, but still a day one buy.

https://il2sturmovik.com/informburo/4429faf1e529493f888ffdcb96e83b75/832061964903c5cd3efdc513c699cd28/

I wish they'd sort out the naming of these things.  This is an expansion for the Team Fury-enhanced CloD and not part of the IL2:BoX series (even though both titles are sold under the IL2Sturmovik banner and are published by 1C).  I'm still not that enamoured of CloD, so I will wait and see on this, despite what looks like a mouth-watering trailer.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Father Ted on July 01, 2020, 10:53:54 AM
$69.99 with a 15% discount. More than I thought it would be, but still a day one buy.

https://il2sturmovik.com/informburo/4429faf1e529493f888ffdcb96e83b75/832061964903c5cd3efdc513c699cd28/

I wish they'd sort out the naming of these things.  This is an expansion for the Team Fury-enhanced CloD and not part of the IL2:BoX series (even though both titles are sold under the IL2Sturmovik banner and are published by 1C).  I'm still not that enamoured of CloD, so I will wait and see on this, despite what looks like a mouth-watering trailer.

Why not add it to IL 2 Stalingrad (current expansions Battle of Normandy - Battle of Bodenplatte - Battle of Moscow - Battle of Kuban) ?
Adding more flyable planes to one game instead of spreading them out over 2 games sounds better to me.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 01, 2020, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: Father Ted on July 01, 2020, 10:53:54 AM

Why not add it to IL 2 Stalingrad (current expansions Battle of Normandy - Battle of Bodenplatte - Battle of Moscow - Battle of Kuban) ?
Adding more flyable planes to one game instead of spreading them out over 2 games sounds better to me.

Because I don't think it utilizes the same engine. Tobruk is built from the older CLoD engine and not the one used by BoX.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18