Main Menu

Total War Series

Started by Gusington, January 26, 2020, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

WH2 is beautiful, abysmally documented and has a grossly simplified and implausible tactical system with regard to formations and troop movement. Still fun, yummy but not filling.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Rayfer

OK...interesting thread I've been following even though I'm not a Total War enthusiast (but have dabbled in some of them).  What game is the acronym FotS...?

CJReich46

Quote from: Rayfer on January 28, 2020, 01:07:03 PM
OK...interesting thread I've been following even though I'm not a Total War enthusiast (but have dabbled in some of them).  What game is the acronym FotS...?

Fall Of The Samurai - it's the closest colonial/pre-WW1 you're going to get with the Total War series short of a mod. 

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

But you're hungry again an hour later?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Some more Total War goodness to talk about.

At one point I had Napoleon Total War on my rig but it stopped working.  I thought it had to do with Windows 10 but now I believe it may have been related to the game getting corrupted by a mod.  Was chatting with Tuna last night about this issue and he brought up a good point that I wanted to share with all of us.  He said you probably have a corrupt game because he has never had any issues running the game on his Win10 machine. 

So what I did was re-install NTW on my second hard drive which is not where I had the game installed.  I had already tried many times in the past re-installing the game but always on the same hard drive.  Well it turns out I got the game to run with no issues right off the bat once the download was complete when I installed it on the second drive. 

Now to install that mod again and see if I can play without any issues. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tuna

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

I hope they re-do Empire properly some day! Those sea battles were a treat to look at!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

Me too. Loved the Empire battles but the campaign was pretty bad. I found NTW to be much more challenging.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 08, 2020, 04:45:37 AM
I hope they re-do Empire properly some day! Those sea battles were a treat to look at!
I do too.  Aside from Medieval 3, Empire 2 is probably the historical Total War title I most want to see next. 

ETW was crap, but I loved the naval battles as well.  They just need to execute better on the next one, and include an AI that doesn't make you pull your hair out. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

I remember the first time I had a battle against one of the Indian factions, seeing the Tomahawk-wielding warriors advancing against my troops, marching in perfect step together like High School band, I nearly peed my pants laughing.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on February 07, 2020, 07:40:02 PM
Which mod?

The Great War mod.  It's already a bit buggy so I'm not surprised it corrupted my game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I so looked forward to it and was so disappointed by it when I finally tried it out :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd