Main Menu

Injustice 2

Started by Tpek, May 21, 2017, 01:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Is anyone playing this game?
It came out some days ago for PS4&XBone.

It's kinda neat. Has some nice additions to the previous one (despite removing a lot of fighters I liked).
And I even created a Guild for anyone here who cares (Grogheads). :)

JasonPratt

I played IJ1 on PS3, and beat the main campaign at least twice, along with messing with some of the side-campaigns (so to speak). I never got the expansions, even when the whole thing was released on PC eventually. I may rectify that on a sale someday.

No doubt I'll wait for IJ2 (and its kit) to be released on PC later this year.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 21, 2017, 02:12:23 PM
I played IJ1 on PS3, and beat the main campaign at least twice, along with messing with some of the side-campaigns (so to speak). I never got the expansions, even when the whole thing was released on PC eventually. I may rectify that on a sale someday.

No doubt I'll wait for IJ2 (and its kit) to be released on PC later this year.  O0

I personally prefer to play this on the PS4 so I can play couch-multiplayer :)
(Actually had several hours of playing it yesterday with a friend)

Jarhead0331

I just can't get into fighting games anymore. This looks good with story and cutscenes, but once the gameplay starts, it's still just a fighter in fancy clothes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 21, 2017, 04:45:29 PM
I just can't get into fighting games anymore. This looks good with story and cutscenes, but once the gameplay starts, it's still just a fighter in fancy clothes.

+1 Wish I could get into it, know I would not.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

There are some pretty good "movie" edits of the first game floating around (and maybe of the second already). It works surprisingly well as a 2-1/2 hour epic.

It helps that a lot of DCAU voice actors return, and/or supplemental actors like Troy Baker who plays the Joker, practicing his Mark Hamill impression here for the first time, before refining it brilliantly for Arkham: Origins (and, to be fair, Blackgate and the related animated Suicide Squad movie tie-in which was much better than the live action film.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tpek

The Joker in Injustice 2 sounds nothing like the Mark Hamill one.

JasonPratt

Huh. Wonder if they changed actors from Baker then...  ???

Tpek

Richard Epcar does the Joker:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0258268/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

He apparently also did him in the first game.

Also, Phil Lamarr does Aquaman, which is funny because I thought it was just my imagination that Aquaman sounded black :P

JasonPratt

Phil also does (or did, but I'm presuming still does for the new finale Season 5) the voice of Samurai Jack.

Re Troy not playing Joker in Injustice1... huh. I wonder why I thought he did? -- but if it wasn't him, that would explain why the Hamill impression is a lot rougher and not very good; I thought he was just working out how best to play Hamill-as-Joker. I am both disappointed and relieved!  :D

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

Btw, be sure to pay attention to the subtitles in that ep -- they add a couple of hilarious parenthetical comments!  :2funny:

Tpek

Red Hood was released as a DLC recently.

A shame no one here but I enjoys this game :(

Tpek

And Sub-Zero was released today.

mirth