Age of Steam game

Started by rstites25, March 26, 2017, 12:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egg_salad

L'amour:
Just to validate what you did and my understanding of the rules.. you took over Rex's partial track section because he did not build on it last turn?  I was not paying attention over there.  If he had built on it last turn, you could not have taken it over, correct?
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

Yeah. I just built that last turn. If I didn't extend it this turn, then my marker would be removed (not sure if that happens after my build or after everyone has build). After the marker is removed, then someone else can take it over.

l'amour

Am I reading it right then, if an unfinished track is finished by another player then they take ownersip?

rstites25

If an Unfinished Track Section is not extended by the player during their turn by placing a further Track tile, then their Track Ownership Locomotive is removed and the Unfinished Track Section becomes unowned. If another player extends that unowned, Unfinished Track Section they may claim ownership of the Track by placing one of their Track Ownership Locomotives on it. Redirection (see page 9) by itself is not an extension.

I built it last turn, so it's "owned" by me. If I don't extend it this turn, it will become "unowned." Once it becomes unowned, it can be extended by anyone.

l'amour

So is my move illegal then?

Woodall

Woodall

4th time's a charm though! Or something.

l'amour

Well it's Mike's go next so if you want to get on with it ou can take off those two bits of track and put my money back up by 4 in the log.

I think that will put me out of the game for sure.

rstites25

You added 3 links of track, I think. 2 are legal. 1 is not. (The only illegal part is the link connecting to my track.) Are you wanting all of them removed, or just the illegal bit?

l'amour

Oh yeah sorry, that illegal bit.

egg_salad

Ok, undid l'amour's illegal lay, hopefully correctly (+ added 2$ back to his $$).

I am not building track this turn.

Next.

rstites25

I built my track.

Looking at the last screen cap before we chose actions, it showed Mike at 3 for Loco, and it was still 3 in the most recent log, so I went ahead and moved it ahead to 4.

Woodall is up.

egg_salad

Thanks Rex.  I figured I'd make sure it was set when move goods came around.

rstites25

The mnemonic they used on the Heavy Cardboard teach and play (I think that's where I saw it), is to remove the marker from the action space after it's occurred. It really only helps for Loco, since that's the only one that can be immediately implemented, but not have a game-impact until much later. It's not as big a deal for us since we have an archive of how the game has progressed that we can verify what has happened.

Woodall

Here, ya filthy animals!