Main Menu

Guy bowls a 900 series

Started by Martok, February 27, 2015, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

While I enjoy bowling (despite royally sucking at it ::) ), I can't say I follow the sport very much. 

However, bowling a 900 series -- 3 consecutive perfect games (scored at 300 points each) -- is quite remarkable, and something even I take notice of.  It's a little like pitching a perfect game in baseball; it's not something that happens very often.  Having a non-professional player accomplish this feat is even rarer. 

So I enjoyed watching amateur bowler Hakim Emmanuel's last three strikes to close out his first (and likely only!) 900 series.  Pretty damn cool.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

That's 36 straight strikes.  I WISH I could be that good.  Even for just one day.  On a side note, it's a shame, for many reasons, that we all don't live closer together.  I would LOVE a Grogheads bowling team!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on February 27, 2015, 07:07:55 PM
That's 36 straight strikes.  I WISH I could be that good.  Even for just one day. 
Same here.  While the best game I ever had was a 268, and included five consecutive strikes, it was very much a fluke. Normally, I rarely do better than 120-150.  :-[  Still a fun game, though! 

Quote from: MetalDog on February 27, 2015, 07:07:55 PM
On a side note, it's a shame, for many reasons, that we all don't live closer together.  I would LOVE a Grogheads bowling team!
Seconded!  That would be awesome!  <wistful sigh> 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

GDS_Starfury

I remember one morning when I woke up early, made my bowl of coffee and bowled a perfect game in Wii Bowling.  I was so proud I made the mistake of sharing my joy with my still sleeping girlfriend at the time.
she just didn't get it and thats one of the reasons shes an ex.  O0
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Some people just don't appreciate a great performance.