Strategic Comand WW2: Global Conflict hitting Matrix shelves Feb. 8th.....

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 06, 2018, 06:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

bbmike

"If you had either of the DLCs (Assault on Communism or Democracy) you will get the game for free - you BF serial will work as a serial for the Matrix version. "

<:-) :clap: :hug:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FarAway Sooner

Is this a serious expansion to the product that was released back in late  2016 (?)?  Or just a repackaging of games that have already been around for a little while?

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

I never thought this worked particularly well.  SC series does not model naval combat all that well.  The pacific campaign IMHO is crippled due to the naval combat modeling issues.

I love SC in general.  Their land campaigns are great.  Everything I've played that was predominately land was well done.  But not the Naval warfare part.

Rayfer

Am I correct in assuming that in a single player versus the AI campaign, the player controls all the Allied or Axis countries?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on February 09, 2018, 10:38:15 AM
Am I correct in assuming that in a single player versus the AI campaign, the player controls all the Allied or Axis countries?

Yes. This is actually one thing that I never really liked about the game and held me back from being enthusiastic about it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Bill Runacre

Although that is the case with our older games including this Global Conflict release, our most recent original release, Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe, in Single Player mode does allow players to set some of the Major powers to be AI controlled while just controlling one or more themselves.

This can also be adjusted during the game, i.e. you could set Italy to be AI controlled, and then take it over later on if you wished. Additionally, you can make some moves for that country prior to hitting end turn when the AI will move everything else.

It's proven popular so I'm sure we'll continue with this on future releases, as you weren't the only one who didn't like having to control all the factions on a side.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Rayfer

Quote from: Bill101 on February 10, 2018, 02:56:59 PM
Although that is the case with our older games including this Global Conflict release, our most recent original release, Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe, in Single Player mode does allow players to set some of the Major powers to be AI controlled while just controlling one or more themselves.

This can also be adjusted during the game, i.e. you could set Italy to be AI controlled, and then take it over later on if you wished. Additionally, you can make some moves for that country prior to hitting end turn when the AI will move everything else.

It's proven popular so I'm sure we'll continue with this on future releases, as you weren't the only one who didn't like having to control all the factions on a side.

Hmm....I didn't know that. I'll have to reconsider this one.

Tuna

I think he was saying that is 'only' available in the 'new' Europe game.

Rayfer

Quote from: Tuna on February 11, 2018, 08:49:27 AM

That's how I understood it too.

Tuna

Quote from: Rayfer on February 11, 2018, 12:34:06 PM

Ok, I thought when you said you'd have to reconsider, I thought you were thinking of this one, due to thinking you could let the AI do partial control.

Rayfer

Quote from: Tuna on February 11, 2018, 01:33:49 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on February 11, 2018, 12:34:06 PM

Ok, I thought when you said you'd have to reconsider, I thought you were thinking of this one, due to thinking you could let the AI do partial control.

LOL....reconsider, as in from not getting it to getting it.   :o

airboy

In Bills defense, the reworking of the previous releases sold by Matrix are:
a] far less expensive
b] don't have the battlefront DRM.
c] they do tweak the game to make it better

That was enough for me to rebuy the WW1 Strategic Command.  I've been wanting to play the Russian Revolution scenario anyway, and the relatively minor price for that was worth it = at least to me.