Main Menu

Time to FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 09, 2018, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Schoolin' up for the Man in ATL has meant the laptop, and that means I stare at The Division icon on the screen and fume; meant for both at the crappy wi-fi and piss weak craptop that can't push the goods there.  Ugh. I need my Div fix bad.

Gonna watch the Hallmark Channel and drink malt liquor, I guess.

Ugh.

Destraex

Steel Division - finished the second german campaign and now onto the last allied campaign.
WOWs - French missions... see how I go
Played my first tabletop game of star wars armada.... what a mission to learn the rules. Not very well written. Fun though. Made me realise how very limited tabletop games are. But thinking of making house rules for Z axis and lower/upper armour. Because space.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Hofstadter

FINALLY got started recording my napoleon video, made the most sombre intro for the escape from Russia

"fall into me, and drown inside me, ill show you the way, out of this blue" Anybody that knows black mirror knows that song :D

Gaming wise I'm going to be balls deep in the Alpha 10 of Squad, CO2 and R6 Siege, also crying over my indecision to pick a new PC case.

Cooking wise, heading out tomorrow to pick up some thai chilli paste because i ran out of my jar spreading it on crackers, chicken bones for stock and sawtooth coriander for duck larb salad
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jamus34

Going to be in and out today so not much gaming. 

What gaming I do get to will probably involve me continuing my Xenoblade chronicals 2 game and perhaps some Paradox grand strategy. I recently read "The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O." so my hankering for a historical grand strategy has returned.

Decided to punt on my Stellaris game until the next expansion hits.

I'm trying to be good in finishing Xenoblade because I have way too many half finished games and Monster Hunter World is calling my name.
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tuna on February 09, 2018, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: Phantom on February 09, 2018, 02:53:31 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on February 09, 2018, 07:58:36 AM
Nice song.

Installed 8GB RAM extra this week (system now totals 16GB) and will see how this effects the performance of DCS 2.5.
(increasing the preload should prevent microstutters)

I'd be interested to see what happens - I've read conflicting arguments, some saying anything over 8mb being pointless, whilst others say more RAM will inevitably lead to better performance - let me know how it goes!

Also curious of the affect.

Before the full 8 GB was used.  Now depending on the map around 12 to 14 GB is used so I guess the extra RAM isn't pointless.
I could increase the preload range to the max without increasing the load time too much.

I didn't notice an increase in average FPS but everything seemed to be smoother (non or very few microstutters).

I'm pleased with the result of more RAM in DCS 2.5 and they are still optimising this beta release so things could still improve.

I'm 100% single player but most posts in the DCS forum claim that 16GB is a minimum for multi player.

Blucher

This Weekend will be:

Fallout 4
OOTP Baseball 18
Moscow 42 PBEM
Tiller Campaign Series PBEM