RIP Harry Dean Stanton

Started by OJsDad, September 15, 2017, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

OJsDad, my modification was the spelling of Harry's last name.  That is all.  And...damn.  I hope his last words were, "Avenge me!"  RIP Harry.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Thanks MD.  Started thread from my phone while waiting for HS football game to start.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

RIP Harry.

(91 years old?! I had no idea!)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Should Tom Skerritt be concerned that the cast of Alien is dying in the same order that they died on screen?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

"The life of a repo man is always intense..."

RIP HDS

Not sure if you can call it a compliment but he's one of the few actors who managed to look over the hill for 40+ years...never old, but always worn and beaten down.
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

Quote from: jamus34 on September 15, 2017, 07:36:03 PM
"The life of a repo man is always intense..."

RIP HDS

Not sure if you can call it a compliment but he's one of the few actors who managed to look over the hill for 40+ years...never old, but always worn and beaten down.

Abe Vigoda would be another.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

He was a great actor. Anybody that could deliver lines seriously opposite Adrienne Barbou's pair of DD's in "Escape From New York" without drooling HAS to be great. R.I.P. Harry.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

One of the all-time great character actors. He was amazing in Paris, Texas.

RIP Harry.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

He was in about all my favorite movies of my childhood...BRAIN!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd