Should I buy Hornet Leader for this...

Started by son_of_montfort, September 02, 2012, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

It's like Dan Verssen is trying to sell directly to me...

Seriously, your pilots even have sanity rolls...

I always wanted to get the Hornet Leader game for the PC, but the cost is basically the same as the boardgame version. Anyone play this? Is it worthy as a great solo-play wargame?

Here is the linky: http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/61/Hornet%20Leader%20-%20Cthulhu%20Expansion

Hopefully he will get enough preorders to print it.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

I'm a big fan of the Leader series games that I've played (Phantom and Hornet, with plans to buy Thunderbolt/Apache before long). Very good solo war games with a ton of options and replayability.

And yeah, this expansion is just insane enough to work.

JudgeDredd

I'm not big on the expansion - not a massive sci fi fan - but the Hornet Leader game itself is superb...as are each of the leader games (U-Boat a bit slower - but still a worthy game)
Alba gu' brath

son_of_montfort

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 04, 2012, 12:40:51 PM
I'm not big on the expansion - not a massive sci fi fan - but the Hornet Leader game itself is superb...as are each of the leader games (U-Boat a bit slower - but still a worthy game)

I eat up anything Cthulhu/Lovecraft oriented, so that is like catnip to me. But I've heard so many good things about Hornet Leader (and you are one more opinion I respect), that I think I am going to pull the trigger on that!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert